 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8022
Re: NMRA2003 Friday install
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:24:16 GMT

So, when exactly are we meeting for Friday's setup?

Trying to decide between one module in the Accord or two in the Chick Magnet.

Calum

THis is the e-mail I got--

"
                          CONFIRMATION

Thanks for your application for the our upcoming exciting train show on July
19,20 at the International Centre. We have had an excellent response from the
dealers and exhibitors which will result in the largest train show in Canada.

Our International Centre halls are #1 and #2 and are located right on Airport
Rd. The lighting in the halls is fairly good but please make sure that you have
booked your power/or phone lines in advance if these are required. The show has
been designed to make your loading and unloading as easy as possible. We would
ask that on arrival at the International Centre that you park at Entrance B and
come to the front of Hall 1. Our registration staff will be there to give you
your name badges and give you unloading instructions. If you have not already
done so please forward your helpers names as soon as possible. Everybody MUST
wear their TRAIN SHOW name badges while on the premises. You will then proceed
to the dock areas. If you have a vehicle smaller than a cube van you will be
able to drive into the approximate location of your booth and unload. As a
courtesy to all the dealers it is very important that as soon as you have
unloaded that you remove your vehicle immediately. The larger vehicles will have
a number of unloading docks available. Please ensure that you have dollies or
carts to move your stock.

The large layouts may start to unload at 5.00pm on Friday July 18. The balance
of the dealers and layouts may start unloading at 6.00pm and continue until
10.00pm. Move in will continue from 7am July 19 and continue until 9.30am. You
must be set up by 9.30 as the show opens to the public from 10am-5pm. On Sunday
move in is at 9am and the show will run from 10am-4pm. All dealers and layouts
must remain set up for the duration of the whole show.
"

The important bits are Friday after 5 p.m. and that anything smaller than a cube
van can drive right in.

My pickup will be full of 8-9 modules and legs and stuff.  I plan on being there
right around 5 p.m. (si I beat rush hour traffic coming from Hamilton.)

Throwing everything off my pickup will be easy and then set up the tables and
such.

What I see us needing and working out who's going to bring what--

A power bar or 2--who knows what we'll have there.

I have an RCX, I think we may need more.

Mindstorms wire--I have lots--I think at least 8 of the 4 foot ones, but whoever
wants to bring more...

Chairs, I believe, are provided.  And we don't need tables due to our bringing
our own.

We also should talk about a schedule and such.  I will be commuting from
Hamilton daily (a pain to be sure) but who's going to be supervising the layout
at what time?

We'll have 7 passes, and if, say, I have to go at 3, I hand off my pass to
someone else (he gets to be Dave K for a few hours)  Dunno if we wanna do that.

Beyond that, (and the ropes that Calum and Derek were working on), I don't know
what else there is to cover.

Dave K