 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8038
Re: NMRA2003 Friday install
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:34:28 GMT

engines at the same time (IIRC).  Oh that reminds me--I'll have my remote, but
we should have a few of those as well.

Ok, I'll pack mine.  I'll look at building the wired remotes too.  I
think I have more free time then others.  I might try building a control
box if I get a chance.

I can bring my PalmVx which functions as a remote if needed.

I also forgot who made the 'fuel towers' out of old Technic battery boxes, but
if y'all feel like bringing little stuff to put around the rail yard, it'd be
aprpeciated.
I believe those were Calum's.

I can bring them back as well, no problem.  What I'll do is this.  We'll set up
on Friday, and I'll bring out my major conponents (red station, yellow freight
station) then figure out what's missing.  Then Sat morning I can bring little
things like railyard items.

sounds good

What sort of space do you have for little buildings.  I'd be happy to
build a few.  What sort of environment would fit,  residential,
commercial or industrial?  Light, medium, high density.  Zone me some
space and see what grows, just makes sure there are adequate services or
no-one will move in. :-)

Man, that brings back memories.  I first got SimCity for the Amiga back in like
1991 or something.  I started playing it one afternoon, and suddenly it was 1AM.
It was probably the only game I've ever really played and got really involved
in. They don't make innovative games like that anymore.

The other Amiga game I really loved was MarbleMadness.  Another simple yet fun
game.  The "Who"-esque soundtrack.  I swear the MarbleMadness theme song from
the first level sounds like "Baba O'Riley".

Are Derek and I the only ex Amiga users?  I think Dave and Chris had 64's.

Had?

Have!  I could open a Commodore museum--Pet (4032x2, 8032-just the motherboard)
Vic, 64, 128, SX64 and many many peripherals--4040, 8250 dd for the Pets,
1541x4, 1571x2, 1581x1 drives for the 64, et al, modems, joysticks, writing
pads, printers, cartridges, 500+ disks, 2000+games... (and some disks still work
after all this time!) far too many manuals...

And let's talk GEOS!  Have the complete suite!  Ahhh, the good old days, when
you had a problem with you computer, you just found the power button (or geeks
like me who added a reset button).

Calum