 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8075
Re: NMRA2003 Friday install
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:04:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mario DeFacendis wrote:
I never owned any Commodore h/w, but I did lug a friend's machine into work once
to troubleshoot.  Yep, I watched C64 bus cycles on a $20000 logic analyzer...
what's wrong with this picture??

You mean like the time we used the 300Mhz Tektronix scope to watch the DCC
project?  Or the FPGA/PAL/GAL/PIC machine to program the PALs for the DCC
encoder?  Or the time we misappropriated a workstation to program ProjectX (or
for that matter, the time itself we misappropriated to program ProjectX? Or the
x86 SBC that'll power my car MP3 player? The time I used a CallPilot2.0 to run a
graduate course project demonstration?  (the only ever active trial usage of
that voice menu application!  Work and play in the same project!)  :)

Why is everything at 3.58 MHz?

That was waaaay back in the day when I used to play with LM1881 chips, Nortel
was known as "Northern Telecom", and new wave was actually new.  Ah the
memories.

No, we screwed around with equipment at work as recent as a year ago.  :)

Calum