 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8025
Re: NMRA2003 Friday install
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:01:08 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

The important bits are Friday after 5 p.m. and that anything smaller than a cube
van can drive right in.

I'm taking Friday off, so I can do my best to be there at 5pm as well.
Downtown to Airport at that time is not pretty.  :-)

My pickup will be full of 8-9 modules and legs and stuff.  I plan on being there
right around 5 p.m. (si I beat rush hour traffic coming from Hamilton.)

Throwing everything off my pickup will be easy and then set up the tables and
such.

You sound like a good candidate to drive in.  I've got a trolley,
assuming I can fit it in my car with the rest of the stuff I can use it
to fairy stuff in from the loading dock.  Should only take me two trips,
considering I can get the stuff down to my car in three and that's
because I need to fit through narrow doors which I shouldn't have to do
at the international center.  (take a breath)

What I see us needing and working out who's going to bring what--

A power bar or 2--who knows what we'll have there.

Have we asked for a power drop, or do we need honda generator again.   I
think we should all plan to bring a power bar that way hopefully a few
of us will remember.

I have an RCX, I think we may need more.

I'll build an RCX 1.0 into Altenburg where I built the controller in for
the Road Show.  It will connect to the Altenburg loop.

Mindstorms wire--I have lots--I think at least 8 of the 4 foot ones, but whoever
wants to bring more...

I'll bring what I can.

Chairs, I believe, are provided.  And we don't need tables due to our bringing
our own.

We should bring sheets or something to cover the layout at night.  I've
got a few old white ones I can bring.

We also should talk about a schedule and such.  I will be commuting from
Hamilton daily (a pain to be sure) but who's going to be supervising the layout
at what time?

I'm happy to be there for the entire show, less breaks for lunch, and
other necessities of life.  :-)

We'll have 7 passes, and if, say, I have to go at 3, I hand off my pass to
someone else (he gets to be Dave K for a few hours)  Dunno if we wanna do that.

Beyond that, (and the ropes that Calum and Derek were working on), I don't know
what else there is to cover.

Unfortunately this was going to be too much work.  If anyone has or can
think of a quick way to make stantions that we can use let us know.
Otherwise we'll have to go naked.  Although we could always make a dash
down to the Airport.  "Why Yes, we are sponsored by Air Canada, thanks
for noticing."

Derek