 Town / 6453
Re: BrickTopia Nuclear Missile Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:12:24 GMT

In lugnet.town, James Mathis wrote:
Brad,

I'm continually impressed with the architectural style you create with entire
SNOT-wise construction.  Really beautiful and elegant curving walls.  The height
achieved complements the shapes so well.  Very inovative!
Thanks James,
I was able to pick up those "skateboard" ramps for the cheap price of less than
$1 each on Bricklink.  When stacked, the make for cool, large-radius curves.
I'm pretty excited about the new availability of "white" ramps in the
snowboarding sets (including a corner in 3585.)  I picked up a copy of this set
and am trying to integrate it into another building, but with only 8 ramps, I
won't be able to build anything as high as my gray building.  Hopefully, these
will start to appear cheaply on BrickLink.

Now, I am wondering when the roof-top fan on this building will show up on train
locomotives?  Perhaps it has, and I just haven't caught it.
That fan is from the new Police Station set, although I think it may have first
shown up in the despised "Jack Stone" line.  To get it to look right on a train,
I think you would have to inset it in some sort of cylinder (and inset that into
the roof).  I haven't played much with this part to see how it can be set into
other parts (such as the various LEGO cylinders).