 Town / 6507
Re: BrickTopia Nuclear Missile Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:37:15 GMT

Hi,

I had missed this post since it occured quite a while after the original.

Thanks for the compliments.

I was also thinking that the new white ramps would make good space-ships,
although I don't plan to do this myself (I'm not too good at space-ships).
I'll be posting a new building soon using the white ramps (SNOT-mounted).

I'm glad you liked the Aquazone stuff.  I posted it on BrickShelf because my
old web account was running out of space.  It seems to have the side effect
of getting quite a few new hits from people.

Brad

"Andrew P. Saada" <apsaada@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.announce.moc, Brad Hamilton wrote:
Here is the latest industry in BrickTopia:
http://members.cox.net/bhamilto1/topia/nuke.htm
Comments are appreciated

Brad,

Hey there. Spiffy facility you've built here. I've been doing a bit of
backreading/replying, saw your post previously, and wanted to reply now. • As you
said, the architectural style of this building does not fit a particular
movement but it definitely reads as industrial and "top-secret" to a • degree.
Your detailing is top-notch, as usual. The curved walls are perfect! I was
wondering when someone was going to use those "ramps"; I should have • figured it
would have been you. ;-) (Now someone needs to make a large spaceship with • the
large quarter white ones to form an engine!...be it known I said it here • first,
although someone's probably already at it.) Those angled "wings" are a • great
complement to the outer curvature. I like the generator turbine design and • the
{steel} wall segments seen around it. And your humor is enjoyable as • always:
"His computer has recently been upgraded to a Windows-based Operating • system >
thanks to newly available LEGO parts.  Alas, he must still use a • primeval
tape drive for mass storage, since LEGO does not yet make a disk drive • part."
Heh.

Alright, keep up the fantastic work!

-Andrew

PS - I just came across your Brickshelf folder (having done a search in • Aquazone
for Joe Meno's email) and your underwater buildings are indeed • amazing...very
much want to come back to those. Furthermore, I checked out your • Orbiter...from
the thumbnails I was worried that my novel engine design had been • previously
used, but it's only similar. The engine configuration and the form of the
Orbiter is very cool.