 Town / 6486
Re: BrickTopia Nuclear Missile Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:40:31 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Brad Hamilton wrote:
   Here is the latest industry in BrickTopia: http://members.cox.net/bhamilto1/topia/nuke.htm Comments are appreciated

Brad,

Hey there. Spiffy facility you’ve built here. I’ve been doing a bit of backreading/replying, saw your post previously, and wanted to reply now. As you said, the architectural style of this building does not fit a particular movement but it definitely reads as industrial and “top-secret” to a degree. Your detailing is top-notch, as usual. The curved walls are perfect! I was wondering when someone was going to use those “ramps”; I should have figured it would have been you. ;-) (Now someone needs to make a large spaceship with the large quarter white ones to form an engine!...be it known I said it here first, although someone’s probably already at it.) Those angled “wings” are a great complement to the outer curvature. I like the generator turbine design and the steel wall segments seen around it. And your humor is enjoyable as always:
   “His computer has recently been upgraded to a Windows-based Operating system > thanks to newly available LEGO parts. Alas, he must still use a primeval tape drive for mass storage, since LEGO does not yet make a disk drive part.”
Heh.

Alright, keep up the fantastic work!

-Andrew

PS - I just came across your Brickshelf folder (having done a search in Aquazone for Joe Meno’s email) and your underwater buildings are indeed amazing...very much want to come back to those. Furthermore, I checked out your Orbiter...from the thumbnails I was worried that my novel engine design had been previously used, but it’s only similar. The engine configuration and the form of the Orbiter is very cool.