 Trains / 20660
20659  |  20661
Subject:
4512- thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:34:02 GMT

I've gotten my first copy of 4512, and are reasonably impressed with it.  As
others have noted, the box showes 1/2 straights, but the set doesn't include
them :(.  The loco isn't too bad (fairly close to that of 4564, but not the
same).  New snowplow magnet holders will go well on my croc.

There are a few things with witch I am disapointed.  The new click hinge style
container doors (I'd rather the older 1x4 style hinge plated type) are a
disapointment.  The use of 6 wide containers is also disapointing, because they
are neither fish nor fowl nor good for much.  You can't pick them up with the
forklift, and they only fit on that one waggon.  Why not stick with the
undersized, but common 4x8 or 4x16 containers?

The covered waggon is nice, and the hopper is another great hopper by Lego (the
tan one and this are both very neat models).  I will likely be getting more of
this set, but not until it comes on sale.  Price here was ~220 CDN with GST/PST
on it.

James Powell