 Trains / *12169 (-100)
  Skirts for Tables at GATS

I would appreciate any information on skirts for tables at GATS- 1)any rules or guidelines which must be followed- fire retardant? 2)style and manner of attachment to tables 3)materials and cost 4)opinions and experience on usefulness of skirts at a (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Release of LEGO Classics?

(...) Personally I would guess we won't see any train stuff at least in this years classic set collection. You can find out about the new released classic sets in the German Forum at: (URL) a look at the pictures at the top of that page. Kind (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Release of LEGO Classics?

Last fall I posted an article that asked a question: Did the release of grey train doors and windows indicate that a new LEGO train offering in a grey color scheme was in the works (see (URL) we have confirmation from LD that they are indeed (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX motor pulsing

(...) Yes. When you set the power for an output port actually you select the duty cycle of a square wave. The granularity depends on firwmare. With standard firmware you can select between 7 power levels; legOS has 255 levels. bye Bernardo New (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

(...) ya, ya, whatever, stop confusing me with facts. Seriously, Peeron is an excellent resource, and is getting better all the time as more stuff is inventoried. Should have thought to check there first. ++Lar (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

Now that y'all are done hashing this out, I just thought I'd ask: did anyone bother to check Peeron.com? Starting with a search for any of the sets mentioned in this thread (2126, 4555, 4565), you can get a link to the cross-index page for the 6x24 (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need help adding new trains to Train Depot site

(...) Wow! I never noticed before how close the 4565 and 4559 box-back alternates, which you have under 'projects', come to the new trains. (URL) Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX motor pulsing

I have controlled LEGO trains via the RCX many times. The question is how to control the speed of the train under a finer ganularity then just the native power levels. snip ...this comment has promise! Can you vary the width of the pulse? <The good (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  train in dat-format

Hi, I posted some DAT files of trains I own in lugnet.cad.dat.models. for all your rendering pleasure! Oh, there's more tomorrow (I think) Good night, Jeroen (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

(...) It's actually 2 and 2. 2 - 24's, and 2 - 28's. (...) Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

(...) Those short plates are of no use for passenger cars. Too bad they don't make them in 40 stud length. KL (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Need help adding new trains to Train Depot site

Finally after such a long wait LD has given us a reason to update the LEGO train reference on the Train Depot web site. Of course that requires that I add a nice little icon of the new trains. Is there anyone out there, that has the new sets, that (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

(...) Thanks for the correction. Counting studs too early in the morning would be my only excuse... ++Lar (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GDoq9B.Hnv@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) it (...) The black 6x24 wagon plate also appeared in 2126 ((URL) Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

(...) Right. ... I'll get my coat. ;-\ Jason J Railton. (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

(...) 2 red 6584 Train Base 6 x 24 and 2 red 4093 Train Base 6 x 28 You can see the use of the base 6x24 in the second page of 4565 manual: (URL) I can't remember of any differences, besides color, in the base 6x24 from MOT and the base 6x24 from (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains and wagon bases

(...) Freight and crane uses three 28 stud reds for the locomotive and both long flat cars, I believe, or so I interpret the instructions. (URL) 24 stud wagon plate appears in blue in 4555. I can't recall off hand if it has the 2x4 ridge you refer (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New trains and wagon bases

I don't know if anyone else has spotted this yet - maybe you all have, and no-one's bothered to mention it, or maybe no-one's taken their MOT apart yet... I thought that the base plate of the new long trains looked like a different moulding - the (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

(...) My main point of interest is the front of the train - although this is all CGI, it does show a 9V buffer bar. Fingers crossed. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter Creator box art

"Christopher Pisciotti" <pisciotti10@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GDLDtJ.8qM@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) So we can begin to see what the castle and also Hogwart's Express train set will look like! If the picture is indicative of the sets, (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

(...) <ROFLMAO> No, not godhood yet. Maybe demigod. <grin> Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

(...) No, just amongst us Larritarians... Send your love offering today! -John (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX motor pulsing

(...) The good news is that the RCX outputs are pulse-width modulated. bye Bernardo New e-mail: dibbe@freestation.it (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

(...) <BIG Giant grin> josh (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX motor pulsing

I don't use the RCX but I do know know to control a motor. I would picup the power and "pulse" the motor will e.g. 400 Hz, but pulse-wide-modulated. The idea is that the motor gets full power but not all the time meaning thar it has full strenght (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX motor pulsing

What kind of train you to use (Lego, Trix, other) ? Although I've no experience, I have the feeling that only a Lego train could be controlled, as far as I know Trix uses AC current and for the other brands I've the feeling all specs are too low. (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

(...) ROTFL!!! LOL!!!!!! Oh please..<wipe tears from eyes>..stop! Oh, Ouch my side is hurting now :) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

(...) I was wondering if this Larry P. is revered as a god amongst Trainheads? -Harvey (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

(...) ^^^...^^^ ROTFL (...) Thanks, Chris (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX 1.0 at Georgia LEGO Outlet store (9709)

While visiting the Georgia LEGO Outlet store today I found out that they have a couple cases of the 9709 1.0 RCX ((URL) is the 1.0 RCX with the power jack, nothing else. It is just the RCX, no software, no IR tower, no power pack...just the RCX. (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

Chris your number 1 in my book, don't sweat LEGO. All kiding aside I'm so greatful for lugnet to connect us together. A message and MOC posted here is read and scene by the most of the top train builders in the world & and LarryP! ;) SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX motor pulsing

Since you guys are talking about this I have a question. I've asked it before and there was no responce. Here it goes: I want to use the RCX to control a single train thru the rails by providing "pulsed" voltage to have fine control over the trains (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: PNLTC at Legoland, CA

Ambassador train cars is a great idea, thanks for the suggestion! It totally slipped my mind (maybe even get the PNLTC car there this time). I'll pass it along to the club and see if anyone has the time to put it together. SteveB PNLTC (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  2nd try...Are you checking your mailbox for train contest results?

Sometimes I forget that we are not all psychically linked[1]. I meant that every day I go to my mailbox hoping that I might find a letter saying that I had won, placed, or showed in the LEGO train building contest. I was just wondering if anyone (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)

(...) Thanks for the advice, I plan to revisit all that area once my brown stock has had a chance to regenerate. ;) My thoughts were to do as you suggest and that the peg would fit between the two chairs. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) As Warren Buffet would say, management shouldn't dwell too hard at making public projections-- it leads to irrational management behavior in obtaining their announced goal. A well managed company would concentrate on keeping their quality (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Personally, I can't wait to see what new train stuff is in store. While not everyone is happy with the new train (I am), the train summit, bulk doors and windows and the new sets shows us that Lego is commited to the line. However, the wait for new (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)

Dean, That looks really great - I've been checking out some Steampunk ideas for an upcoming NELUG Brikwars idea, and your car is wonderfully inspirational for that genre! I love it! You could probably make it act as a fully functional cable car, (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)

(...) Have you tried to compose the floor out of some 2 stud width plates, with one of the Technic Plate with Holes in the center. This last part would take the stem from the 9 V motor in a not too obvious manner, eleminating the need to raise the (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Knew about what? ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you checking your mailbox much?

(...) I am not Chris, and I don't even play him on TV but I bet it's the train contest... I have already resigned myself to not winning, since I did not enter. ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Wasn't there an NDA signed? <Cue the big lawyers in the United States of Litigation> So you guys did know about this. What else ey? Santosh (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are you checking your mailbox much?

(...) Don't know about kudos, but the form letter I received today from US S@H informed me that the backorder for the 1x4x3 clear thin-wall panels [1] has been further backordered. I now have the options of waiting until sometime in June for (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Lar I believe your right when you say junioriztion is to blame (partly)I think that the US fans can have more of an influence on be halfof the world wide AFOL on lego A/S since the number of AFOL's fans esp into in the US and US in general (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

What are you talking about Chris? jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:3B047999.474CF5...ane.edu... (...) against (...) you (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Are you checking your mailbox much?

I don't know about you, but every afternoon I go to my mailbox hoping against hope that I might find a letter from LEGO Direct. So, is it just me, do you check your mailbox every day too, or has one of you talented folks already received your kudos? (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

1) We don't cover our tables with bricks (they are painted LEGO brick green), we use spring loaded clamps to hold the tables together (they're about a $1 a piece at Home Depot) 2)I always take a few pieces of cardboard with me to shim up the tables (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

For the train clubs that use folding legs, I was wondering if you could answer the following: 1. If you don't have enough Lego bricks to cover the entire surface of the talbles, how do you hold the adjacent tables together? 2. Do you have a problem (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Yes, I hope that the recent fair they are providing us now really helps us help them in their decision making. (...) Within the context you describe, I fully agree. And I also like the parts selection as well. (...) Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC at Legoland, CA

(...) Congratulations! That is great to here that you guys get to show off your stuff at LegoLand. The PNLTC is where I got my real inspiration to stop whining and start building![1] Chris 1. You know...I'd sit around moping if only I could get (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Where was Lars when I had the floor at the summit? :) Way inside, but I drew simular conclusions when we were asked about the new train at the summit we had several months ago. And the designer was there and this creation is not a (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

In lugnet.trains, Lars Brandt writes: <snip> (...) I would dispute that. I've met the current train designer and his work is aces, it would blow your socks off. Your issue is not with him, it is with the parameters around what sets are designed and (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC at Legoland, CA

Question: am I correct in assuming they are going to put up a Kidvention 2? Last year, all the clubs put in some sort of train car representing their club, same this year? Very interested :-) Adrian, Southern Cal Lego Train Club "Yea, yea, took us (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

In lugnet.trains, Richard W. Schamus writes: <snipped insights> (...) Hopefully sets like the new Sopwith Camel sell well enough to convince LEGO that there is a market for high quality, highly detailed sets. And I would guess they're also watching (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Wow, thanks for the insight John! I always suspected that creativity and versatility were scrapped for sake of a set design's monetary bottom line. It just kills me (and probably the designers too) that the designers are not given as much of a (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

...snip... (...) After spending some time working for Lego and talking to some of my buddies who used to work designing the star wars sets, I'd argue that it is not the designer's fault the models seem uninspired, it's the constraints that are (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) There are a lot of us trainheads who feel the same way and can heartily agree with you. But at least LEGO® has released something new in the trains line, this is better than nothing. But I think I'll build a diesel to pull my Bricworx cars (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Not My Own Train

Without excitement, I received my gray train with tendor the other day, built it, and gasped at its ugliness. This is the best Lego can produce? Great, their new technology allows you to receive a lousy model in any color you want. Lego, obviously, (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

(...) My project involved a connector going from the aux power port on the motor. (Track Power) and running that into the RCX's Power Port. Then I used Port A to run the Train motor and Port B ran my lights. This way the lights would blink to show (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC at Legoland, CA

(...) "Best layout ever"? That's a pretty bold statement, considering the quality of layouts you've done in the past! I'm really looking forward to this - I've already got my reservations! JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC at Legoland, CA

We are proud to announce that PNLTC will be setting up their best layout ever at Legoland, CA on Aug 4 & 5 (Sat/Sun). Many of the members will be there and we invite everyone to come down and check it out! The current plan is to be located on the (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)

"Dean Husby" <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message news:3B034103.98C102...a.bc.ca... (...) ;) Iain (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

(...) from (...) might (...) power (...) (like (...) a (...) separately. The an RCX output would act as an electronic switch. This is primarily intended to avoid running down the RCX batteries. Does anyone know how long it takes a train motor to run (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My Cable Car (Trolley)

I've finally put up the pictures of my Cable Car that I did last year... (URL) For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) I build European prototype equipment, and to me 6 wide is just fine. I don't strive for lifelike realism in my MOC's, for this is one of the reasons I left N scale to begin with. The NMRA (and NEM) is full of those persons who wish to achieve (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

(...) I did this exact thing quite a while ago. I have some pics the motor at (URL) ran this on the PNLTC's worlds longest Track record Breaking layout. I used a Mindstorms Remote to control it. The pics show it in red but I converted it to yellow. (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) A battery box might be a bit too much weight, but you're more than welcome to try. The train does not have to use magnetic coupling (actually the Green Machine has a ball and socket connection, and one of my newer trains doesn't have a true (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Use a battery box to light the lights. This has the advantage of adding some weight too, which could be useful. So the unit has to be seperable at some point? Or does it have to use a magnetic coupling? Or does it just need to be some number (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

Bryan Kinkel <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:GDDvG2.Lrv@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) there (...) a (...) my (...) 6 studs is the standard and I like to stick to that too. But in between they can be both 5 and 7 wide to fit (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

Noh tere! Jason J. Railton <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GDDJD1.J0K@lugnet.com... (...) as (...) 9V motors are quite easy to disassamble and reassamble, all you need is a screw driver. I guess that is clear by now. And yes there is a (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

(...) You're absolutely right Eric, the main page at S@H for this item doesn't state any numbers, but the enlarged image does. I just didn't notice this. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: event "champions"...

Well if you build your train right you can get away with "just gunning it". If it's too light then you do get a lot of wheel spin, of course too heavy and you slow the train down. And yes there is a width limit, I failed to mention that in my (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

WOW! That is terrific! I love it!! I am impressed with the technology too! I would assume part of the skill is not just gunning it full speed on the green light, but rather quickly working up to speed for better traction. Oh and I assume with your (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Private for Larry P.

(...) Roger that, I saw and replied... (...) FUT off-topic.test... but let me say this, if Bryan has some good stuff for me, what is already a nifty app will be even niftier! (go look in market if you want to see what it's all about) So it's not a (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I'm still not sure how I will do the ends with the correct window details. As I mentioned before, a set of gray 2x3 windows would do the trick. But I don't have a slew of Metroliners. So I might settle on stickers (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Private for Larry P.

Larry - my email is down. *But I got the JS working.* I will email you when my #%@! email server is back up. -- Bryan sorry for the waste of bandwidth in lugnet.trains. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) At least he is aktive there in the new auction house: his name is "lar". (...) Muelheim (...) Ok, I deleted that picture and have uploaded it under new name... Sorry I really was of the opinion it was yours, Frank.... Regards, Ben (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) Ein bischen. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) (URL) Larry, do you post/read there? (URL) ) (...) Yup, except that the train in that picture is not mine (I don't know who owns the train in the picture)... The trains in this picture are mine: (URL) the back (right side) of the picture you (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis are you there?

(...) I'm going with my railroad's Blue & Grey (mostly all of mine are posted here, and mostly all in B&G < (URL) >) (...) Well I'll see what i get. Josh (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

(...) /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) That's correct. "Felsir" is the nick of Frank Buiting. He uses it if he posts at the german newsgroup under 1000steine.de and he has also given it at his lugnet memberpage: (URL) have had the luck to see some of his creations at the FGLTC show (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GDD90v.5E2@lugnet.com... <snip> I myself have done a conversion of a 9V motor to run on 12V track, and Felsir (...) </snip> Would Felsir be Frank Buiting? I know he did the same (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) That's a good option. I bet there are some SNOT methods also - in fact, how about a 1x2 clear brick on end, studs out. Cap it with a tile and attach it with to a 1x plate on the bottom (against the door). The 1x plate and the tile form the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) No problem! I am trying to snap off a few pics every time I take a new train or subway...which is all too often. In fact, I tried to grab a few of the new Amtrack train (Acela or something?). It is very cool/futuristic looking. I am also (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) You could mostly avoid this (seeing the side wall through the back window) by using a thin wall immediately behind the window. That would mean that to see the wall through the window you'd need to be straight on to the car, *and* squinting. ;) (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) Again, I disagree. The body to truck proportions are wrong, yes. But, at least in my models, the LxWxH proportions are more or less correct. Sometimes the height is a bit too high for the width (maybe in the 'bug, for example) but not always. (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

I knew this would start a 6 vs. 8 debate... But that was not the goal of the initial post. The goal is to get some feedback on how this can be done in 6 wide. If there are no creative, cost effective solutions, then I will probably settle for a less (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

Hello all, The train- as well as the boat-people may be interested to know that, at least in Europe, accessories item #5044 is available from Lego S@H again. This accessory pack containes: 1x part 2617 Platform 16 x 16 x 2 & 1/3 Even and 1x part (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) You mean that a 6 wide is *stretched* to get an 8 wide? (...) Well, that's the point. The proportions are *wrong* to begin with in 6 wide-- if you are trying to model to scale. But that's okay; I mean, compression happens;-) It's just a (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) Check out Dan Siskind's design on the GMLTC's new subway cars: (URL) used the 1x2x3 train window on the driver's side, with a 1x2x3 'thin wall' behind it. The door is exactly what you proposed - the small black airplane window set back a half (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) Not everyone shares that opinion. I tend to hold the opposite view. To keep the proportions right, in many cases you need to increase everything by a third, not just the width. Not always, but in many cases. ++Lar (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) Not as many as you might think. Most people build 6 wide because it is the norm, not because of economy of bricks. Remember, a 6 wide is just an 8 wide compressed by 2 studs sideways; it's not really that many bricks. (...) Then why do it? (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis are you there?

(...) I am so glad to hear this! I often see amazing MOCs that people have made and wonder if I'll ever be able to produce such quality work. It's frustrating to see something amazingly complex and beautiful and hear, "yeah, I whipped this together (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  cramming details into 6 studs

I have been gathering photos of commuter trains in order to build SEPTA (Philadelphia transit) cars for my layout. While I have not actually sat down to build, I have been doing a lot of thinking on 6 vs. 8 wide and how it will impact my design. (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

(...) Just some extra info, how to read this plan: there are 10 lines, which are representing your track oval under 10 certain circumstances with more or less locos on it. (Each "besetzt" means, there is a loco in this block). The oval consists out (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s????)

(...) Yes (...) Yes again. 1) A 12v motor (without modification) WILL run on 9v if you put 9V on the center power pickups (this can be done by using the screw on connectors on a 9V power lead that you cut). So the seller is technically correct. (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Motor control

(...) from (...) might (...) (like (...) At least as much room as in an average H0-gauge model train and those are often with DCC control. (...) Not quite correct: the 12V motor is very hard to open and especially to close afterwards, since the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BRAND NEW TRAINS ON S@H

Syruss T. Flyte <stflyte@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GDCE97.F2o@lugnet.com... (...) set (...) posts. (...) pounds, (...) to (...) Train" (...) The problem with adding them to a set database is that they don't have 'proper' set numbers. (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

(...) You can quite happily power the motor from the RCX without modification - just don't supply any other power to the track. This will also electrify the track, and power any other motors on it too though. If you break the connections to the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact