 Trains / 11220
Re: cramming details into 6 studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 15:38:18 GMT

I knew this would start a 6 vs. 8 debate... But that was not the goal of the
initial post.

The goal is to get some feedback on how this can be done in 6 wide. If there
are no creative, cost effective solutions, then I will probably settle for a
less than accurate 6 wide commuter car rather than jump to 8 wide.

Bryan:
But I'm having difficulty picturing in my mind how to cram all the end
details into just 6 studs.

John:
Then why do it?

a) My layout has both MOCs and official Lego train models, so I want to
stick with 6 wide.
b) Space is tight on my layout. I don't want 8 wide cars scraping against my
wall as they fly by.
c) 6 wide is certainly a challenge. And I'm interested to see what the
creative minds in the group can come up with.

John:
lol, yeah in 1 set ( http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7740 ); you could • probably get
someone to sell you theirs for about $25 a pop!

I forgot about that set. If I had that set, I would probably have enough
cash to purchase a few Metroliners as well. The grey 2x3 train windows seem
to be the easiest solution (but not cheapest, or most creative) for the
problem.

John:
My suggestion would be to one side first.  Deal with the width last.

The sides in a commuter care are pretty straitforward. I'm concentrating my
thoughts on the width because that is the design contraint.

Thanks for the input.

Bryan