 Trains / 11281
Re: RCX motor pulsing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 08:36:20 GMT

I don't use the RCX but I do know know to control a motor.

I would picup the power and "pulse" the motor will e.g. 400 Hz, but
pulse-wide-modulated.

The idea is that the motor gets full power but not all the time meaning thar
it has full strenght but you just adjusts the speed.

I guess you can do something like this with the RCX but I would make special
hardware for it using a Stepmotor driver or a H-bridge.

I my opinion it should not be that complicated.

Sonnich

sebarile-MOBL <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message
Since you guys are talking about this I have a question. I've asked it
before and there was no responce. Here it goes:

I want to use the RCX to control a single train thru the rails by • providing
"pulsed" voltage to have fine control over the trains speed. Any solutions
out there?

SteveB
PNLTC