 Trains / 11242
Re: Motor control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 20:46:46 GMT

Lester Witter wrote:

Has anyone considered modifying a train motor so that it can be controlled from
an on-board RCX but powered from the tracks? The aux power tap on the top might
be used as a connector to an RCX output. Its internal connection to the power
tap would be broken and it would be used to control an electronic switch (like
an opto-isolator) Is there room in the motor for a small circuit board (I am
guessing no).

Lester

I did this exact thing quite a while ago. I have some pics the motor at
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_rcxtrain.html

I ran this on the PNLTC's worlds longest Track record Breaking layout. I used a
Mindstorms Remote to control it. The pics show it in red but I converted it to
yellow. See here. http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/temppics/DSC00027.jpg

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html