 Trains / 11204
Re: 9V train motor(s????)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 07:34:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan writes:
Hi,

I bought a 9V trainmotor on ebay, but the seller now claims it is an older
model and uses the 12V midrail to get its power, except it runs on 9V
instead of 12V. Can this be true? Or am I fooled/tricked?

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen!

I have never heard of a 12V motor which runs on its own on 9V track. And I
might be a kind of an expert on trains, train motors and their conversion.

So I would recommend you to ask for a good description or better for a picture
of the item you have bought.

A 12V motor (from the eighties) should look like this:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/9v_12v/9v_12v.html#7865
(notice: there are some older 12V motors on that page also.)

a 9V train motor looks always like this:

I myself have done a conversion of a 9V motor to run on 12V track, and Felsir
from the Netherlands uses 12V motors on 9V track. He has a hollow 9V motor
housing to pick up the currancy from the 9V track.

Maybe your seller is no Lego fan at all and has no idea, what he sells? I also
have no idea, what you might have bought. We need more information.

Leg Godt!

Ben

BTW: I know it is kind of spam, but a friend of mine started a new auction
platform. I want to support that and have begun to auction some train items
there with very low starting bids. Maybe you want to check it out:
www.1000steine.de/auktion/home.htm
(Eisenbahn means trains in German)