 Trains / 11280
Re: RCX motor pulsing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 08:03:25 GMT

What kind of train you to use (Lego, Trix, other) ?
Although I've no experience, I have the feeling that only a Lego train could be controlled, as far as I know Trix uses AC current and for the other brands I've the feeling all specs are too low.
But why not try it (if it isn't a Trix) ?
As far as I know the RCX uses a standaard motor IC, wich has current limiting capacity, so nothing can go wrong.
Connect one of the RCX motor outputs to the train rail (after removing the orginial power supply) and control the RCX by a direct control like RCXcc for instance.

sebarile-MOBL wrote:

Since you guys are talking about this I have a question. I've asked it
before and there was no responce. Here it goes:

I want to use the RCX to control a single train thru the rails by providing
"pulsed" voltage to have fine control over the trains speed. Any solutions
out there?

SteveB
PNLTC

Stef Mientki