 Trains / 11268
Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:03:19 GMT

Dean,

That looks really great - I've been checking out some Steampunk ideas for an
upcoming NELUG Brikwars idea, and your car is wonderfully inspirational for
that genre!  I love it!

You could probably make it act as a fully functional cable car, too -
replace the 9V motor with some regular wheelsets, and throw in a micromotor
for the drive mechanism.  The micromotor could turn two wheels, laid side by
side, whose rubber tires meet.  A taut string laid between the two ends is
the cable - the turning of the wheels via the motor pulls the string
through, effectively pulling the car along the track.  Just an idea ....

-s

Dean Husby wrote:

I've finally put up the pictures of my Cable Car that I did last year...

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_cablecar.html

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html