 Trains / *11469 (-100)
  Re: pictures from Wamalug's April 1st meeting

(...) the 3 polarity switches are run by the 3 outputs of the RCX, with 2 inputs used for light sensors. The construction of the polarity switches is so that the timeing on the motors isn't important - the only reason they're timed is to reduce wear (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re:Harveys LEGO Train Creations, was:Choochooman's Whistle Stop

(...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: More Useless Info (was: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??)

(...) Incidentally, I remember when I was a kid noticing that HO scale trains actually run OK in 4-wide tracks - they run on the lower edge of the flange. Pretty useless but I just thought I'd throw it in 8?) ROSCO (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: pictures from Wamalug's April 1st meeting

(...) Dan - Cool. So the polarity switches are motorized 5120s controlled by an RCX's light sensor inputs? Are there two inputs and two outputs used on the RCX? How do you limit the length of time the 5120s receive power from the motors? Is that a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show (It's John Neal of GMLTC!)

(...) This sounds where I chime in - not being a member of a LTC due to my geographical orientation, perhaps I can be allowed attendance under a general public classification? (...) ...can non LTC members show their designs in a similar forum as (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??

(...) 4.5v track will work for straights, but the curves won't. I did experiment though with 12v track. By using the conductor rail, you can get a semi-workable narrow guage. The problem is that the conductor rails aren't quite centered on the stud (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show (It's John Neal of GMLTC!)

Third time's a charm John! Tag your it! Set it up! Some where central near a hub airport, maybe Denver? How about in August. If you hustle maybe we can get traction. Maybe we can get Brad involved and have an open to the public weekend. Some train (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Small Gauge Train Tracks ??

(...) Shaun- You can use the 4.5 volt track and it works rather nicely, although I'm not sure if the curves work out correctly. -John (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Small Gauge Train Tracks ??

Are there any commonly-used custom track styles that can accomodate the small train wheels on a 4-stud-wide scale? That is to say, if you have the small train wheels mounted on a 2x2 plate w/ two axle posts off the sides, what can you build to use (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show (It's John Neal of GMLTC!)

To All, (...) That would be neat. I know I would like to go! : ) Scott S. -- (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete

(...) I tried that, and almost couldn't get the wheels back out. I don't know what those side holes on the 9v motor are really designed for, but it's not the 12v motor wheels. (Nor do they seem to be designed for the deisel-ish wheel covers. The (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show (It's John Neal of GMLTC!)

Greetings, Robin, and all! I have just returned from sunny Florida and am scrambling to get caught up with everything! I was fortunate enough that our vacation coincided with the GFLTC's show and so was able to check out their layout in person and (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  More sticker/decal talk

Hi All, I was wondering how many of you guys use the clear decal sheets and print on them? I know the Alps printer is used a bit in this, mostly due to the fact that it can print white ink. I was thinking about using a thermal wax printer; the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) I wonder what he'll do? Josh (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: pictures from Wamalug's April 1st meeting

(...) I believe that is another fine creation of Bob Hayes. :) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) I saw the pics he posted of "himself." Not remotely impressed. He needs to steal better "beefcake" photos as well. Katie (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody seen this engine before?

(...) pictures (...) I just have overtaken Will's idea, how to handle picture piracy for this auction: (URL) guy has used my picture and has directly linked to my homepage... ;-) Even more funny is his "me"-site: (URL) says women love him because he (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: pictures from Wamalug's April 1st meeting

(...) I love that red GE 44-tonner, esp. with the yellow 'stripes'in the frame. -Harvey (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  pictures from Wamalug's April 1st meeting

A bit late, but here's the few pictures I took from WAMALUG's meeting on April 1st. The train point of interest would be the implementation of a Dogbone loop, designed by Tom Cook and myself :) (URL) Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  next 2 rheingold cars are done

It's done, I've completed another 2 rheingold cars (another 2 I'm building on at the moment and a last one - a club car - already is planned). Feel free to have a look @ (any comments are welcome): Flash Version: (URL) Version: (URL) bricking adrian (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: V188/288 Double Diesel (German Federal Railways)

(...) Not as of yet, model still needs the roof and the windows in the side of the carbody. I've got to warn everyone though, it's a 6 wide MOC. -Harvey (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Choochooman's Whistle Stop

(...) Sorry about that everyone, I've since changed the URL to (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

I'm getting a 404 (i.e. not found) on this. Is the link correct? Nicholas Allan "Harvey Henkelman" <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GAvy17.4px@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: V188/288 Double Diesel (German Federal Railways)

(...) Try the Maerklin homepage: (URL) will find lots of infos on the V188 in German here: (URL) use the product search for 288 diesel engines instead of restoring the long link above.... ;-) (URL) for: Artikel-Gruppe = Lokomotiven Untergruppe = (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: V188/288 Double Diesel (German Federal Railways)

(...) hey Harvey, got any "teaser" pics??? Benjamin Medinets (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  V188/288 Double Diesel (German Federal Railways)

Hello everyone,I am currently adding the finishing touches to my rendition of a Diesel-electric locomotive used by Nazi Germany to pull railway artillery during WWII. This bruiser consisted of two units (connected by drawbar)developing about 2,000 (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first train "creation"

(...) It sure does look a lot better than the main model, you did an excellent job considering that theres no instructions for the alternate models anymore. -Harvey (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first train "creation"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> (...) for the extra warnings (Warning electric toy!!) plastered all over the US boxes. Martin (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My first train "creation"

OK, its not really a creation, but I didn't have any instructions 8?) This is the train on the back of the Australian 4561 box (dunno if it's on the US box). I think it's much nicer than the main model. I kept one of the long cars & built one short (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete

(...) without (...) And the 7864 is a real transformer with much better speed regulation. And you have the AC 13V outlet for light. (...) If shipping wasn't that expensive. You can get these transformers almost wwekly for less than 25 $ at eBay.de . (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete

(...) fine. (...) Just saw one go for $50 on eBay... Way more than I'd want to pay. Frank (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete

(...) Ahh, but then I'd have to get a 7864... The only other 12V accessories I have are lamps. I did notice one thing, not sure if anyone else has actually tried (surely someone must have). The extra wheels to turn the 12V train motor into a 6 wheel (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ....stickers

Ed covered part of it. As I outlined my personal point-of-view of stickers in the last post, it was hard to decide what to offer. Our personal tastes may not always align with what's best overall for a model design. And there are the perceptions of (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete

(...) It isn't that hard to run 12V stuff using a 7864 transformer. All you need (besides the 7864) is a 110V->220V stepup transformer, which would run you $20-30. The 7864 has the advantage of being able to run accessories without having everything (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete

Frank Filz wrote: snip (...) snip (...) I chortled when I read this part. I live in the US and I got a 7735 several years ago, and all I had was an oval and a train that went very slow too. When my parents went to Ireland for their anniversary they (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete

Having just received my first 12v train set I'm sort of train voltage complete, well not quite, while I have about 80% of the special parts from 7710, I can't really consider myself as having a push train. I do have 95%+ complete 7722 and a formerly (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show

(...) Well they don't sell LEGO, they did about 4 years ago but they stopped when LEGO wouldn't sell them track or spare parts. (...) We are still planning shows and working on the web site but we will be having a meeting soon (two to three weeks). (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show

(...) didn't hear how much we got by evening. I have been to B&R before, but when I went they only sold Brio, and normal model trains (perhaps 6-7 years ago). On rare occasion they send me a postcard (after all those years...), but I had never (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

Hi, scanning all the threadposts here and, based on a wee bit of experience dealing with show hosts, I think it would be fair to say that the "value" of an LTC display depends on a few factors: 1. how specific the event is promoted 2. the ratio of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: ....stickers

(...) Steve and I conversed breifly on this related subject recently, as I was inquiring about the stickers on set 400 at www.bricworx.com: My question of him: "The instructions look quite detailed, but I'm curious about whether you've included (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: ....stickers

(...) Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) Ah. ok. Cool. Well. Give it a whirl, then and if it goes well, keep your eyes open. They are a lot of fun. ++Lar (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) Hi Lar, I think we're not doing a train show per se - what we're doing is having a playing-with-Lego get together at a rented venue so we have enough space. This being our first rtlToronto train event, we'll see if we have the kind of energy (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  ....stickers

I like to use stickers for logo-ing, and only when it can't be done in elements. Like the Americanna store logos are done in brick because there is a large area. I never use stickers for striping (except maybe on train doors), or use stickers for (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Years ago, I used to always use the Lego stickers. But one day I realized that I don't have to put on the stickers unless doing so actually added something to the _piece_. I generally don't care if it adds something to the _model_ because I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: PNLTC show

(...) There are more pictures of the Vancouver Public Library building at (URL) is modeled (fairly closely) after a real building in Vancouver, BC. All of the curved wall sections rely exclusively on 1x2 pieces to allow flex. The windows are 1x2x3 (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) only thing that I don't like to do is paint or cut LEGO bricks, but to each his own. Chris (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) That's something I'm not sure we're really ready for, but it's certainly something on our mind. It's not even known how many folks are into trains here in the GTA, so anything we do is a step forward-to begin, we wanted people to come out and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) Sorry, it's pretty commonly used around here so I didn't define it. FUT == Follow Up To. It's in the LUGNET(1) FAQ(2) I think. HTH. (3) YMMV. (4) PS(5) - please note the FUT is now to OTF (6). PPS - I saw B. B. (7) King last nite! Completely (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) Well said Iain....this is really my first "public" display/get-together, and I am not that interested in setting up a major display/exhibit for a regular train show. Benjamin Medinets (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) Lar, Having exibited at most of the major Toronto Train shows ("The Railway Show", GBTS, The Hobby Show, Ourlands), I can assure you that if they were going to a show, they would be paid. It's more like a private gathering (at least, that is (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) FUT = Follow-Ups To - specify where you want replys posted by default (can be changed by the poster). Damn I wish I could always remember to add this when I set follow-ups.... FUT:lugnet.admin.nntp (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.admin.nntp)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GB99EJ.IuB@lugnet.com... (...) are (...) We've never done a train get together though. We don't know what it'll be like. It's not a professional "Show", it's just a get together for a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Well I think you know how I stand now :-). I do understand the other side of the debate though because up until about 7 or 8 months ago I was strongly in the anti-sticker camp. I didn't even think LEGO stickers should be used. In some cases I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc

(...) Whoa! You guys are *paying* to exhibit trains??? !!! You're in the wrong venue!!! Train exhibits should be at shows where you get *paid* to be there. They are a huge draw at the for profit shows, and they will pay you for the help (I do (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

One last nitpick... Consider separating the fuel tank from the frame, somehow, so that it is not apparently directly attached to the white part of the floor. There should be an air gap there. Many other models have belly tanks and there is an air (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

Followups here too because I thought the whole sticker discussion is surely a general thing, and I'm really curious to see what others think of stickers I'm *really* warming up to them lately. I've been tempted (especially after getting a 8448) to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building on to my webpage

(...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Well nits mean a lot to me and often make light of something I simply missed the first time. Anyway I updated the model and the pictures on my site: (URL) flattened the nose and I put in the raised walkway around the Blower Housing. I think (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC show

OK, I finally finished looking at all the PNLTC pictures from your last show. Of course, everything was very impressive. A few things jumped out at me. In the small town section I thought the use of the 1x5x4 (?) curved brick parts in the diner was (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PNR B30-7A (and more AC4400CW)

Well, the annoncement comes, the B30-7A page is finished! (URL) are more pictures on the AC4400CW page too: (URL) plain pictures: (URL) skip the CEO business) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNR SD40-2F Unveiled! (and the AC4400CW too)

(...) Yeah, I know, I'm going to take some more pictures today outdoors. I'll also be adding the B30-7A pictures. Josh (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) I actually kind of like the porportions as they are although I do agree with Chris Masi that the floor should be thicker around the blower housing and in blue. Seeing that I am Blue Tile and Blue Plate rich at the moment I will probably add (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Nice work. I'll chime in on Larry's nits. I think the nose should be flat on top too. The frame looks good at two plates, but on one side the frame is actually thicker than the other (URL) middle of the frame on the blower housing side is (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Ah, figured as much. I did not have a lot of chances to look around at GATS last time, but I might this time, especially for some local train companies here (GT and the CNN (Canadian one) (...) Cool! (...) Ah, the fun of those stickers. I (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Thanks! (...) Well I got these stickers at NELUG's most recent train show from a dealer there. The stickers themselves are put out by MICROSCALE INDUSTRIES, INC. Quick Google Search... (URL) item I used was 48-518. Like I said these are (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

Eric, (...) next to the LEGO one are really helpful, especially for train novices like me! : ) (...) Hey, I don't think LEGO is coming out with a Boston & Maine train line anytime soon. : ) I think it adds that realistic flare to the model. Where do (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

(...) Ya, this looks really good. The stickers DO add a lot. My critiques/nitpicks of an otherwise excellent model: 2 plates may not be quite thick enough for the frame/floor. (yes, they are proportionally correct but an exaggerated thickness may be (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).

Followups to lugnet.trains I have posted pictures of my GP40-2 with Caboose on my web page. I have slowly been changing my mind on stickers and decals over the last few months and I can now say that I definitely like stickers and decals when the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general)

  Re: Building on to my webpage

The cement silo wagon looks a little like the Twin Tank Transport ( (URL) ) :) One of my favorite Euro-type stock sets! I really like the Boiler load on the depressed center flat car. I will have to give that a try. "Harvey Henkelman" (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first Posted MOC

"Scott Holcomb" <scotth2906@aol.com> wrote in message news:GB7v7K.FKG@lugnet.com... (...) I think it works well too. And it looks like you could build a bunch of them with bulk blue trains doors & windows and parts from 4561! I look forward to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNR SD40-2F Unveiled! (and the AC4400CW too)

Josh, I like what I see, especially the flared radiator of the AC4400CW, but some of the pics are so dark (at least on my machine) that I can't see much of the detail. "Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first Posted MOC

(...) It is 6 wide using the 4561 Express train. I was able to do most of the car with the pieces from one express train car. The seats, top windows and most of the sides are from 4561. I'm personally like the original better but I do like the blue (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Building on to my webpage

Hello all, I've added some new stuff to my Whistle Stop page such as pictures of my cement silo wagon as well as my use of the Droid Escape Pod set. Also included is my treatment of the dump truck from the 6581 Dig N' Dump set. Positive and negative (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first Posted MOC

(...) wide? -Harvey (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My first Posted MOC

Hello all. I have been working on a new train car. Actually, I think others have also done variations and it is also basically a copy of the 4547 kit so maybe it isn't actually an MOC. Let me know what you think. I hope to make more of them with (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: znap bridges for trains

That is some really nice stuff! I'd never thought of trying ZNAP for bridge structures?!? I guess I've been on Technic/Basic bandwagon for so long and expecting parts through LDirect. Huuummm . . . I just might give ZNAP a try :-) Adrian "Robin (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: znap bridges for trains

(...) Here is two of my bridges at a GFLTC Show: (URL) here is one of the biggest at a PNLTC Show: (URL) on... Robin W. Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show (It's John Neal of GMLTC!)

(...) No one seemed to point out that John Neal of GMLTC was on site Friday and Saturday! It was cool to meet a member of another LTC and his son’s SW class switcher was great for a 8 wide:) Hope it wins the LEGO contest. (URL) on... Robin Werner (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  znap bridges for trains

Hi. I picked up a couple of znap sets on clearance a while back. I like the large "arc" (?) pieces, they look kinda bridgy to me. I was able to come up with one large and one small bridge from just the parts in the two (identical) sets. (Dont have (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show

(...) You got it! (...) Well close, it's in Pinellas Park just north of St. Petersburg. (...) You got it again... But it seemed like 5+ inches and non stop for 12 hours? Where are you! Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville? Build on... Robin Werner (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PNR SD40-2F Unveiled! (and the AC4400CW too)

Finally I have some pictures of the SD40-2F, and the AC4400CW. Text explaination with pictures of the SD40-2F: (URL) explaination with pictures of the AC4400CW: (URL) text & images of other PNR locos here, with more like the above to come soon! (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show

(...) Not to be stupid, but what does GFLTC stand for? Greater Florida Lego Train Club? Are you speaking of the train shop in Tampa? Thursday it rained very, very hard here too (3.4 inches, I believe), so I am assuming you are in the Tampa Bay area (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Greenberg show 03/31 - 04-01 (Pictures)

You are partly right. The last train on the car is based on your design. All the others are based on the Metroliner, and the engine is based on a few pictures I have seen, but I have modified it to my own design. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Greenberg show 03/31 - 04-01 (Pictures)

(...) That was done by Tom Duggan, his site is here: (URL) I don't see any more pictures of the train. It is based on the MetroLiner althought it is mostly built with S@H Bulk Orders. (...) The cars are similar but the engine design is quite (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Greenberg show 03/31 - 04-01 (Pictures)

(...) Supprisingly enough the track that is closest to the edge has not been a problem area in 2 shows dispite the fact that kids love to push around the cars on the road. (URL) one spot where the Metro Liner has hit the floor (3 times in 2 shows) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG at Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 *Pictures*

(...) well: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Greenberg show 03/31 - 04-01 (Pictures)

Nice layout! I like the collection of rolling stock and locos! The track on the very edge makes me nervous :| (trains hitting the floor) Is the long white train, a passenger train? Modeled after a real train? Just curious. "Eric Kingsley" (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG Greenberg show 03/31 - 04-01 (Pictures)

(...) My favorites: The light rail here: (URL) the rolling stock in this shot: (URL) signal lights: (URL) the cool marquees above doors of buildings. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

Who made that train on: (URL) more pictures? I looks similar to one of my older cases (URL) (not up yet) Sonnich Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:GB68LC.AvH@lugnet.com... (...) this. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG at Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 *Pictures*

(...) Nice work, guys. You definitely have one of the nicest small town mainstreets when you put all your stuff together! (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  NELUG Greenberg show 03/31 - 04-01 (Pictures)

I realized that some folks in .trains might not check .trains.org to see this. It's a post with a link to lots of show pictures. (URL) Viewing, Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railway Express - Boring Locomotive!

"Pierre Normandin" <pierre_normandin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GB5A3F.H99@lugnet.com... (...) like (...) Clever! Iain (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Magnetic field activated switch

(...) that (...) having (...) very (...) msg, (...) Hi Sam It's very easy to do, it's cheap and works perfectly well. Chris Phillips developed this technique, that's been widely explained and discussed in this thread: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Magnetic field activated switch

(...) Good point! So, a simple reed switch on the sleeper should do the trick. The other thought I had was to isolate a short (30mm) section of one side of the track, and bridge over it with a wire to power up both sides. This isn't long enough a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railway Express - Boring Locomotive!

(...) It's just put under the wagon plate (from set #3737 train accessories) like any other bogie. The smaller plate from #4561 is just put on the larger plate and has no contact with the motor bogie. Unfortunately, the front lights can't work that (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

Eric, The pictures look great. Look forward to a review of the show. jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:GB58op.EIv@lugnet.com... (...) but (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  NELUG at Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 *Pictures*

Well there is no write up yet because I am to tierd to do it at the moment but what you all want most are up... Pictures (4 Pages of them starting here) (URL) free to ask questions, I will put a write-up on the NELUG website in the next week or so. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

"Pierre Normandin" <pierre_normandin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GB56KH.B1z@lugnet.com... (...) That is really beautiful! How did you afix the motor bogie under the front like that? Iain (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railway Express - Boring Locomotive!

Hi, Here's what I've made with a 4561 and some bulk. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact