 Trains / 10616
Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 04:10:34 GMT

Followups here too because I thought the whole sticker discussion is surely
a general thing, and I'm really curious to see what others think of stickers

I'm *really* warming up to them lately. I've been tempted (especially after
getting a 8448) to simply go to brickbay and buy all the same pieces that
have to have stickers on them and simply 'double up' on those pieces that
would have stickers on them. I did this for the 8448 and it was really cool
because the stickers just complete the model. I'm tempted to do the same for
the silver champion and go ahead and put stickers on that one too.

As an aside, damn, that train looks freakin' awesome!

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
Followups to lugnet.trains

I have posted pictures of my GP40-2 with Caboose on my web page.  I have • slowly
been changing my mind on stickers and decals over the last few months and • I can
now say that I definitely like stickers and decals when the brick just • can't
convey what you are trying to do.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/train/bmgp40/

I used some O-Gauge decals for this model.  I have also included some • pictures
of the real engines for comparision.

I know for many of you stickers will always be a problem but I can now say • I
have made a complete 180 when it comes to stickers.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/