 Trains / 10608
Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:45:51 GMT

Where do you get those stickers from? I
might need some for our train shows as well.

Well I got these stickers at NELUG's most recent train
show from a dealer
there.  The stickers themselves are put out by MICROSCALE
INDUSTRIES, INC.

Ah, figured as much. I did not have a lot of chances to look
around at GATS last time, but I might this time, especially
for some local train companies here (GT and the CNN
(Canadian one)

Quick Google Search...

http://www.microscale.com/

The item I used was 48-518.  Like I said these are
O-Gauge decals which after
looking at a few scales I found to be the closest to
LEGO-Gauge.

Cool!

It looks like their web site is useful to see what
roadnames they have but it
doesn't look like you can order from them.  I would think
you could get these
at many Model Train/Hobby stores.  These are also not
stickers but Decals like
those you find in many plastic model kits.  You dip them
in water and apply.  I
followed the directions very closely and found that they
were easy to apply.

Ah, the fun of those stickers. I guess you can't ask for
everything. : )

The only problem is they were a quite expensive.  I paid
$8 for these and you
basically get enough decals for one engine (so it is a
bit nerve racking at
first).  You do get lots of numbers though so you can
have multiple engines.
At least with this set if I am careful I could do a GP9
and either a GP40 or
GP38.  You also want to make sure you are done with your
model before applying
these because if you do any major changes across the
decals they are ruined.  I
did try and cover the fewest number of seems possible
with the decals but
obviously the big "Boston & Maine" decal covers several
seems.

Indeed. I have done a few models like that before.

One final bit of praise for this product.  It does come
with an excellent
diagram for applying the decals to the engine they are
meant for.  This set
came with diagrams of a GP9, GP38, and GP40.  These are
great and I will be
holding on to them.

Interesting. I wil have to get some MOC's for those
stickers, first though. When is that next train show? ; )

Scott "How many projects can I assign myself to befre July"
S.