 Trains / 10630
Re: ....stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:48:44 GMT

Ed covered part of it. As I outlined my personal point-of-view of stickers
in the last post, it was hard to decide what to offer. Our personal tastes
may not always align with what's best overall for a model design. And there
are the perceptions of the LEGO Train community we are taking in to
consideration; a fine line indeed!

We originally had a large sticker that looked similar to the one on Brian's
(Royal-Train) yellow coach. This same design is all over the LGB models we
scoured, as well as the LEGO red caboose/coach in the classic train set. But
in the end we back away from large area stickers. This is not to say that in
the future we may release sets with a ton of multi-colored sticker sheets
ala Royal-Train style and one with none at all.

There as also the constraint of material costs, small but every penny
counts, we tried to weigh the cost of any addition to the overall quality of
the product.

Brian's Yellow Caoch = www.royal-train.com/gallery_williamcrooks.jpg
LGB = www.lgb.de/index.htm (goto products, search for 'Passenger Cars')
Clasic Train set =  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=3225_1&v=z

SteveB
www.bricworx.com

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:

PS The sticker sheet in the Bricworx 400 coaches was really hard to decide
what was acceptable or not.  www.bricworx.com

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that?

++Lar