 Trains / 10610
Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:30:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
Followups to lugnet.trains

I have posted pictures of my GP40-2 with Caboose on my web page

Ya, this looks really good. The stickers DO add a lot.

My critiques/nitpicks of an otherwise excellent model:

2 plates may not be quite thick enough for the frame/floor. (yes, they are
proportionally correct but an exaggerated thickness may be better)

I actually kind of like the porportions as they are although I do agree with
Chris Masi that the floor should be thicker around the blower housing and in
blue.  Seeing that I am Blue Tile and Blue Plate rich at the moment I will
probably add some thickness there.

The short low nose top should be flat instead of sloped, I think...

After I read this and looked I realized you were right.  I went down and
modified the nose and it looks better now although I wish there were a better
way to taper the leading edge of the nose other than a 2x2 low slope.  Some
sort of strange 4x3 peek slope would be great but I am sure we won't see that
in our lifetimes.

Very nice work!

Thanks,

When I have time I will take some new pictures and post them.

Eric Kingsley