 Trains / 10609
Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:17:09 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
Followups to lugnet.trains

I have posted pictures of my GP40-2 with Caboose on my web page

Ya, this looks really good. The stickers DO add a lot.

My critiques/nitpicks of an otherwise excellent model:

2 plates may not be quite thick enough for the frame/floor. (yes, they are
proportionally correct but an exaggerated thickness may be better)

The short low nose top should be flat instead of sloped, I think...

Very nice work!

++Lar

Nice work. I'll chime in on Larry's nits. I think the nose should be flat on top
too. The frame looks good at two plates, but on one side the frame is actually
thicker than the other

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/train/bmgp40/scan2.jpg

The middle of the frame on the blower housing side is thicker than the frame on
the other side. I think two plates to 1 plate is good for the side opposite the
blower housing, but I think the side that has the blower should be thicker (blue
plates on top of the gray).

Now that I am done nit picking. I think the caboose and the engine look great together!

Chris