 Trains / 10617
Re: Boston & Maine GP40 (I have offically changed my mind on stickers).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 06:37:48 GMT

One last nitpick...

Consider separating the fuel tank from the frame, somehow, so that it is not
apparently directly attached to the white part of the floor. There should be
an air gap there.

Many other models have belly tanks and there is an air gap. It adds a lot.
The tanks are made up separately and attached fairly late in the build
process in the erection shop I think (just before setting the completed unit
on its trucks...)

++Lar