 Trains / Train Organizations / 1358
Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:41:29 GMT

Hi,
scanning all the threadposts here and, based on a wee bit of experience
dealing with show hosts, I think it would be fair to say that the "value" of
an LTC display depends on a few factors:
1.  how specific the event is promoted
2.  the ratio of the display to overall venue size (# of participating displays)
3.  display size
4.  finished look of display
5.  # of things and/or total of misc/extra expenses host provides to support
the group
6.  followship in the local area (big if you're making a return showing)
7.  the nature or profit rate of the venue
all these considered, the LTC may then leverage for a fee at its discretion.

For instance, if you're one of 8-10 displays at a major, standing hobby
venue making a return showing the rate's a bit more than if you're
displaying for the first time at a museum during no specific event.

A more detailed set of notes entitled "Show Primer" to assist a group
mouunting a show may be found under 'Articles" at PNLTC's site
(an-oh-so-shameless plug here).  Please see the addy line below as I can
never remember the proper slashes to access it directly.

Cheers,
dan parker/PNLTC  www.pnltc.org