 Trains / Train Organizations / 1353
Re: rtlToronto/train1 issues etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:43:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Iain Hendry writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Whoa! You guys are *paying* to exhibit trains??? !!!

You're in the wrong venue!!!

Train exhibits should be at shows where you get *paid* to be there. They • are
a huge draw at the for profit shows, and they will pay you for the help (I
do understand that you are using a venue for your robotics stuff that is
convenient to use for this as well. Great. Get your feet wet at it... but
then switch to different shows going forward, it's a money maker for your
club, not a cost, properly done...)

We've never done a train get together though. We don't know what it'll be
like. It's not a professional "Show", it's just a get together for a whole
bunch of people to hook all their track together and run trains. If people
walk by and come in, well, I think that's a bonus type-thing.

My 1.3 cents US (2 cents canadian or so). FUT trains.org, there are lots • of
folks that can help out with the org issues around train shows.

   Iain

Well said Iain....this is really my first "public" display/get-together,
and I am not that interested in setting up a major display/exhibit
for a regular train show.

Benjamin Medinets