 Trains / 10652
Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:30:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:

I did notice one thing, not sure if anyone else has actually tried
(surely someone must have). The extra wheels to turn the 12V train motor
into a 6 wheel motor also can be attached to a 9V train motor. Of course
still you can't use the siderod.

Frank

I tried that, and almost couldn't get the wheels back out. I don't know what
those side holes on the 9v motor are really designed for, but it's not the 12v
motor wheels. (Nor do they seem to be designed for the deisel-ish wheel covers.
The piece only uses half the hole.) I wonder if that hole might have some future
functionality.

Rick