 Trains / 10628
Re: I'm kinda sorta train voltage complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:46:48 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

snip

spare 9V controller to run my 12V train (of course it will get kind of
boring running it around an oval, I'll have to keep an eye out for some
12V track).

snip

Frank

  I chortled when I read this part. I live in the US and I got a 7735 several
years ago, and all I had was an oval and a train that went very slow too. When
my parents went to Ireland for their anniversary they asked each of us (my
brother and sister are the other part of the us) what we wanted from Ireland. My
response was ,of course, LEGO 12V train track. They came back with four boxes of
straight rails and four boxes of curved.[1] Apparently, they had to search in a
few stores before they finally found some. Needless to say, I was very happy!
  To bad you cannot send someone to Europe to buy 12V track anymore.

Chris

1. To bad they could find points.
--
See some of my LEGO creations at http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/