 Trains / 10626
Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 02:10:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Mizner writes:
Manatee county.  By about 5 on Thursday, it was roughly 4 inches.  I
didn't hear how much we got by evening.  I have been to B&R before, but when
I went they only sold Brio, and normal model trains (perhaps 6-7 years ago).
On rare occasion they send me a postcard (after all those years...), but I
had never dreamed they had Lego trains...

Well they don't sell LEGO, they did about 4 years ago but they stopped when
LEGO wouldn't sell them track or spare parts.

I was hoping that GFLTC would be
at the State Fair, and I spent some time looking for a display.  You didn't
have one?  Anyway, can you please e-mail me at ltwjanson@aol.com for the
dates of any upcoming Lego Train events around here?  A friend of mine knew
a Lego employee who lived down here in Bradenton, but claimed that she had
moved (her entire house was filled with Legos, according to accounts from
several of my friends).  Then again, he wasn't sure if she had moved yet.  I
thought I was the only Floridian Lego fan!  I look forward to hearing more
about a Florida Lego club!

We are still planning shows and working on the web site but we will be
having a meeting soon (two to three weeks). The next train show is in August
at the Orlando GATS Show. I will keep you posted...

Robin Werner
GFLTC/GFLUG

FUT: lugnet.org.us.gflug