 Trains / 10665
Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show (It's John Neal of GMLTC!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:28:47 GMT

I wouldn't mind setting it up, but I think that this summer is too soon.  I
think next would be better, especially since we (GMLTC) don't plan on being
finished with our layout until this fall:-/

As far as location is concerned, central is good, but I think that it should be
held in a city where there already is a club represented (Host).  Hmmm, where
is there a club in a central city with an international hub airport??...

I'm joking and serious at the same time.  What would people say to coming to
Mpls next summer for a first annual LTC convention?  We could get LD on board,
and have all the major LTCs bring their layouts for an all LEGO train
convention.

We could get a huge space (perhaps a convention center), charge a nominal fee
for the GP (to help defray travel costs for incoming clubs)... heck, we could
even serve concessions, sell T-shirts, so I'm sure that it could be done with
little or no out of pocket expenses.

I would even love to see the ITLUG, FGLTC, and EJLTC there as well!

How do folks feel about the general concept?  Would anyone attend such an
event?

-John

sebarile-MOBL wrote:

Third time's a charm John! Tag your it! Set it up! Some where central near a
hub airport, maybe Denver? How about in August. If you hustle maybe we can
get traction.

Maybe we can get Brad involved and have an open to the public weekend. Some
train layouts... tips and tricks classes.

I'd love to have a 2 or 3 hour session (for participants only) where we
rotate thru design reviews say 15-20 mins each. What a blast!

SteveB
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, Scott Sanburn writes:
To All,

It *is* cool to meet other members of
LTCs.  I think we
should all start talking about an LTC National Convention
in the summer of 2002.

-John

That would be neat. I know I would like to go! : )

Scott S.