 Trains / 10672
10671  |  10673
Subject:
...LTC Convention...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:44:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
I wouldn't mind setting it up, but I think that this summer is too soon.  I
think next would be better, especially since we (GMLTC) don't plan on being
finished with our layout until this fall:-/

As far as location is concerned, central is good, but I think that it should be
held in a city where there already is a club represented (Host).  Hmmm, where
is there a club in a central city with an international hub airport??...

I'm joking and serious at the same time.  What would people say to coming to
Mpls next summer for a first annual LTC convention?  We could get LD on board,
and have all the major LTCs bring their layouts for an all LEGO train
convention.

Mpls sounds good to me... Maybe LD/LEGO could help with transport. We only
should need 3 or 4 trucks for the US and Canada LUG/LTC's. One for the west,
one for the south, one for the north east, one for north west.

We could get a huge space (perhaps a convention center), charge a nominal fee
for the GP (to help defray travel costs for incoming clubs)... heck, we could
even serve concessions, sell T-shirts, so I'm sure that it could be done with
little or no out of pocket expenses.

I would even love to see the ITLUG, FGLTC, and EJLTC there as well!

How do folks feel about the general concept?  Would anyone attend such an
event?

I'm in! But I don't know about the rest of GFLTC members. But I would guess
most of the members would be in.

Robin Werner
GFLTC