 Trains / 10668
Re: GFTLC H&R Train Show (It's John Neal of GMLTC!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:52:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
I wouldn't mind setting it up, but I think that this summer is too soon.  I
think next would be better, especially since we (GMLTC) don't plan on being
finished with our layout until this fall:-/

As far as location is concerned, central is good, but I think that it should be
held in a city where there already is a club represented (Host).  Hmmm, where
is there a club in a central city with an international hub airport??...

I'm joking and serious at the same time.  What would people say to coming to
Mpls next summer for a first annual LTC convention?  We could get LD on board,
and have all the major LTCs bring their layouts for an all LEGO train
convention.

We could get a huge space (perhaps a convention center), charge a nominal fee
for the GP (to help defray travel costs for incoming clubs)... heck, we could
even serve concessions, sell T-shirts, so I'm sure that it could be done with
little or no out of pocket expenses.

I would even love to see the ITLUG, FGLTC, and EJLTC there as well!

How do folks feel about the general concept?  Would anyone attend such an
event?

-John

MLPS...that'd be great, and some people'd have a chance to get to the mall,
and see the store(s).  I'd be there this summer too, but next would be great
too, and I can get about 8 people (would I get in free if I brought
something to display?).
Josh