 Star Wars / *8698 (-100)
  Re: T-16 Skyhopper

"Michael Nelson" <Soldier01624@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FzGp26.Enp@lugnet.com... (...) States (...) Snowspeeder (...) instructions (...) I just saw one built on Monday. Check this out: (URL) - its in there somewhere. Mike, the guy who (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: T-16 Skyhopper

(...) Yea I have seen a really good one by John VanZweiten(not sure about the spelling) you can get to his page by going to Joseph Gonzales' Altered States page and it has a hyperlink for it. It uses pieces from only the Snowspeeder set. I'll look (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  T-16 Skyhopper

Does anyone have directions to make one? -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Future UCS Star Wars Kits

I don't really like the current UCS offerings that much. I think they look clunky and lack imagination in their execution... However... I would like to see any (or all) of the other UCS Star Wars kits that others have mentioned, but I doubt any will (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My prediction on how the AT-ST walker looks like

UCS AAT, thats what I would be waiting for. I would like to see how Lego would deal with the Hull. More rebel figs would really help us collectors, probably some from Hoth in other sets other than the Snowspeeder because having a bunch of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets

Hi! Jonathan Wilson schrieb: (...) Hmm, I rather think LEGO would like to use this opportunity to give us a few more Rebels. But on the other hand they would have to include six minifigs (Leia, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2D2 and C3PO ). Han and Leia in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My prediction on how the AT-ST walker looks like

(...) Ah, yes... :) UCS Naboo Fighter; $100 UCS AAT; $120 UCS AT-ST; $80 UCS TIE; $80 UCS A-Wing; $80 UCS Y-Wing; $180 UCS B-Wing; $180-200... Given the size of the real models, wouldn't that make sense? Also, cheaper-than-$100 UCS models would (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My prediction on how the AT-ST walker looks like

I agree with your judgement on my model. The head is obviously the most horrible thing of the model. Hopefully Lego will design new pieces for the front of the head (I can't really figure much to do about the slight slop and the windows). The (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My prediction on how the AT-ST walker looks like

To pick up a recent discussion: your AT ST looks horrible, but... this is a completly new way of building. Taking the limitations we believe a future official set will have and create a MOC based on it. You have done a great job, doing this and I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My prediction on how the AT-ST walker looks like

(...) scale. (...) I am impressed. My only worry would be that the real thing will have to have good balance, your one looks like it may topple quite easily - but I may be wrong. Scott A (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets

Emperor probably wont be included with the Imperial Shuttle. Probably instead of being the Imperial shuttle, it might be just a regular Lambda Shuttle or the larger Imperial Landing Craft. And also since the Minifigures Star Wars #1 has Emperor (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  My prediction on how the AT-ST walker looks like

Using MLCAD, I made a model of the AT-ST Walker without the StormTroopers yet. The total was 94 pieces. Stinks huh when its rumored to be around 10 bucks. Well, since most of the pieces is small, I guess around 110 pieces might be alright. (The (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MF discounted set

(...) No... to get that piece. --Karim (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  MF discounted set

Calling consumer affairs for what? Praise or complaints? (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets

(...) Here are my thoughts on what minifigs might come in these sets (if they are sets and if they come out and etc) I cant say for the ep1 sets because I dont know enough. escape pod:c3po and r2 AT-ST atst driver and 1 or 2 stormtroopers tie (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Just bought a MF... "what a pile of Junk!" :)

I was at Target and noticed that their LEGO section has been totally cleaned out. The only thing they had was 1 AAT, 1 MF, 1 UCS TIE, some buckets, and a bunch of Mindstorms sets (including the DSDK). The MF box was ripped open, and there were (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New model (some input please)

(...) No it's bigger almost UCS-scale I think (...) Once again the answer is no (...) This was in ROTJ using a AT-ST not a AT-PT (...) Something like this-> (URL) or do you mean something else? Greetzzz...zzz, Jay (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New model (some input please)

(...) Lol, but he stole an AT-ST in the movie. I guess he could add to his collection. =) (...) -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New model (some input please)

Not bad at all, Jay. Is it to minifig scale? Do any of the hatches open up so that Chewie can yank out the imperials before commandeering the vehicle to aid the alliance? Even if it doesn't, it looks great! Do you plan on building any more of these (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Minifigs

I just got my first of the minifig sets last night and I must say I am quite impressed. I had my sister (who lives in Minneapolis) get them for me from the Mall of America, and even though she got them months ago I didn't get my hands on them until (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 Sets

(...) Take a look at: (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  New model (some input please)

My new model of the All Terrain Personal Transport. Find it at:(URL) are welcome (even if your name is Josh LOL) Greetz from a sunny Holland, Jay (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mini-Meeting in Kenosha

(...) Cool! I was just wondering, is there any instructions on building that Skyhopper? -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2001 Sets

(...) I'd like it too. Thanks. Tim timothyj10@juno.com (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: B-wings

(...) That's the "KB price", in other words MSRP + "gouge" percentage. MSRP is 29.99. Still, you did well, congrats! I hit that Lansing store about two weeks ago and cleaned it out, sounds like it got restocked... They said their restock day is (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  There's no such thing as a bad MOC builder (was: Re: New MF model.)

Ooook -- eeep -- opppp -- orkkk -- red flag alert! (...) Egad! What a terrible, horrible, rotten thing to say! How can you truly mean that? I submit to you that there is no such thing as a bad LEGO MOC builder, just as there is no such thing as a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: rare elements...

(...) Have to disagree with you there. Those banana-flaps look very much like they were designed for Ani's little racer. The brown wedges from the droid starfighter kinda look like they might have been some old designs, just laying around. Or maybe (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What a piece of junk!

I bought a tripod at Target for $19.95 It helps a lot. ~M (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: B-wings

Kama, The B-wing retails for 29.99. Also, Meijer has their 20% off this week. It is nice with my 12% employee discount, of 32% off new sets. Ah, nice nice. Scott S. -- Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) LEGO Parts at (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What a piece of junk!

(...) appeared in the other photographs. I take back every negative thing I said about it... :) Wow! As for being a bad photographer, at least your pictures are clear... I swear I must have the shakiest hands on the planet as my pictures always come (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  B-wings

Hello. Plese check on this...but... At my area K B toy liquadators store i bought a 19.99 B-wing with 25% price drop for only $15!!! This is a $35 set. Please tell me if this is any other place in the USA. They said it goes till end of the month, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: A New Trilogy

(...) This also happens in Vision of the Future (or at least the proposal does), I think the last scene of the book is as the weddong is starting, but it's been a while since I read it. (...) So they do show this somewhere... (...) As you said this (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) David, I don't think it was 100% crystal clear that Eric wasn't being serious. If I didn't know Eric, and I didn't know that he wasn't married, and I didn't know that he was a swell guy anyway who would never advocate domestic violence, I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New MF model.

(...) I may be stressed out, But I am an animator(in lego) and prolific lego fanatic also, im not just screwing around here you know. Ask Todd, I think he knows I care, and Im for real Josh (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

Im really sorry everyone, Todds post prompted me to go look again at thads millenium falcon again even though I am at work and dont have a lot of free time, and I have to say, I must have been upset about something yesterday or on drugs or (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

First off: WOW! Your Falcon is awesome! I love how you implemented the pre-existing LEGO MF elements in your model, truly a sign of excellent design! Secondly: Thad, if I may say so, your website is on my top 5 list of amazing LEGO MOC websites, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

I realize that I was overly harsh in my criticizm of thads model, because it is pretty cool, but my real criticizm was meant to be directed toward the lack of constructive criticizm regarding new models (plus of course Im bored with all star wars (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A New Trilogy

It all takes place in the Union comic book series. Here's what happens... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... SPOILER AHEAD... (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Mini-Meeting in Kenosha

Hey! Just went to Kenosha, WI and met up with Tamy Teed and Mike Perri. I've got some pics of the event and of Mike's creations at his place. Check em out! (URL) has his Millenium Falcon model he showed me - the rainbow warrior version :) VERY (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: What a piece of junk! (This message is rated PG 13)

Word. I was about to tack a reply on to your original thread earlier today but I was interrupted as soon as I hit the reply button (oops, seems that its after midnight, so it'd technically be yesterday that I'm referring to). My post was gonna say (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Eric, I seriously doubt that the yellow minifig is as repulsive as domestic violence. I think you cheapen your argument by reacting in that way to Bruce's assessment of TLC's position (as I understand his comments). That's TLC's position, not (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What a piece of junk!

(...) Yes, he has his models here: (URL) . Alan (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  What a piece of junk!

I am pleased that my Lugnet mailbox has been more interesting today than the recent barrage of Brown Lando vs. Yellow Lando. I'd like to thank everyone for their comments, both positive and negative. To put the whole issue of the wacky shape of my (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

(...) I thought maybe Thad used those pieces as a nod or tip of the hat to the LEGO designers. They also have some pretty cool printing on them, IMHO. (...) Maybe he did it purely for the enjoyment and self-satisfaction of it. I for one can (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

I do not think it possible for me to disagree more with you Josh. One of the great things about Lugnet is that this community goes beyond a bunch of anal- retentive critics that will verbally destroy a persons creation simply because there are just (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A New Trilogy

(...) SPOILERS AHEAD! Luke and Mara got married at the end of Vision of the Future, the two book series Zahn that "ended" the Star Wars line with the old publisher. The first book was Specter of the Past. The books deal with the threat of Thrawn (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

In lugnet.starwars, Joshua Cirinna writes: <snipped> (...) I'm uh, gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here. While I agree that this model does seem a bit too long, it is just really cool. I must apologize in advance to Thad before I say (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A New Trilogy

(...) At this point it is a fan novel, but she is trying to get the publisher to pick it up (Bantam or something like that?) She is making every attempt to keep it inline with the other books (and the movies) so she doesn't step on any toes. So yes, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Different definitions of MOC(Re: New MF model.)

In my opinion, there are MOC's that are modeled on someoneelses ideas, like star wars models, corvettes and airplanes; then there are MOC's that are are models of your own ideas, the difference being that one is an exercise in rendering and one is a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A New Trilogy

From the URL, I am assuming this is a fan novel, not supported by Lucas? Anyways, I've read all the books so far (i think) EXCEPT the junior/young jedi series and I think I missed something. I just started the New JEDI order series and don't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Different definitions of MOC(Re: New MF model.)

(...) ...[snippage]... Wow... very valid points. I think you are totally right... I guess I never really considered my own definition. I suppose I think of MOCs on various levels: re-interpretations of other LEGO model (building a better Naboo (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Different definitions of MOC(Re: New MF model.)

(...) I take it you define "MOC" to mean something completely from your own head? Typically, I think of a MOC as being anything that someone makes that doesn't follow Lego (or someone else's LDraw, etc) instructions. If you don't consider your (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MF model.

Joshua, while I agree with you regarding the level of criticism typical to lugnet, I'll have to disagree with your panning of this model. Certainly it is off-scale and unreasonably long, but it achieves a level of visual detail that surpasses most, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  A New Trilogy

My sister, a writer (not famous yet) is writing a series of Star Wars books (called The Krath Empire Trilogy.) She's put up a very basic website for it, so please go take a look... the URL is: (URL) keep this from being a completely shameless plug, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Right, and that's a good reason to keep it. This reminds me of the time when I was introduced to my arranged bride-to-be (my wedding day, of course). Apparently, the dowry her parents could offer was meager, but she said she would go out and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New MF model.

(...) I dont like it. I think its cool looking, but whats the point? It looks nothing like the MF, mostly because you used the official pieces to build a ship that is too big for them. It would be an incredible model if you had just forgotten that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) going (...) Yes, I questioned this earlier in this topic (quoting myself): "I have never seen ANYTHING from Lego that explains that this is their policy. Not here. Not on rec.toys.lego. Not in any of their sets. Not on their website. Not in (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) I agree. I am not going to respond to another one of Damien's posts, as he has become offensive and insulting. There is no need for racial slurs. Jason (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) I don't think they perceive of it as "race" so much as they perceive of it as they don't think it represents themselves. (...) I agree that "racial" differences are extremely subjective and based on appearance. We are all one race. Cultural (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Uh, it's worth pointing out that the "yellow represents all races" thing is *not* the official TLC line. It's something that people have said to attempt to explain the fact that there are only yellow minifigs. eric (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My 2 cents on the future

Erik, Nice pics. My idea (which I haven't tried yet) involves painting a plain black head and then carefully scraping off the paint to form eyes, eyebrows, a mouth and other details as needed. Love the "animal masks." Great use of pieces! Dave Erik (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

In lugnet.starwars, David Low writes: (snipping intersting comments that stand fine without need of further comments from me) (...) yellow (...) are (...) I'm not convinced their needs to be a DSM (I'm just using the term out of convenience, BTW) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) Well, other than the click-hinges (which someone else mentioned), they could use the ball-joint legs from the Slizers/Throwbots series. I tried to get this to work a while back- if you position them right with respect to the cockpit, they work (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) The way to answer that is to get jorge to go back to the machine and get the price on a set that is on the shelf. Then we will know for certain. (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) and (...) I think the contrast between System minifigs and Duplo figs is important. Having Duplo figs with different flesh tones and different sizes reinforces for kids the importance of diversity. People are different colours and adults are (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) Jorge made it clear that this information was open to Target customers... No store wants their wholesale pricing (ie cost) to be available to their customers! I belive that he clearly stated that it was the retail price. --Karim (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) For all we know that price could have been a wholesale price. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My 2 cents on the future

(...) (DSM pics follow) Do it yourself: that's exactly what I did for "Juba", the character from the movie Gladiator. Several Johnny Thunder minifigs became test subjects. I made a pale one for Maximus. Thinking: it's dumb to leave Maximus yellow (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) Mr. Cal... I'm going to have to contradict you here... The first thing I did when I heard about the $10 ATST was a little experiment. I built one exactly as I suggested and it certainly does stand up. It looks like crap, but it stands up. If (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) Jay, I think you are wrong. Actually I know you have to be wrong, since my new "Locust IIC" got nothing but 2 click-hinges to keep the head up (one click- hinge for each leg), and the hinges are doing a fine job. Primus BuS ComStar LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cheap sets in the UK ???

(...) Discussion of set discounts in the UK appear more often in the 'Local - United Kingdom' section of Lugnet. But, you have to be quick. JJ. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  My 2 cents on the future

Hey all, I think it would be great if TLG just started making multiethnic minifigs in all their product lines without any hype or advertising campaign. Just a quiet acknowledgment of the varied skin tones that exist in our world. The one snag I can (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

I have to disagree mr Nassar, I have built quite a couple of AT-ST models myself and there is no way that the click-hinges are strong enough to keep the head up. Maybe when you use 2 side by side but that would make the legs too thick and it would (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) huge (...) Not necessarily... In fact, with the click-hinges, it's possible to make working legs with less pieces than the "shifting/sliding" ones. This is what I expect: The foot will be the landing pad plate used in the rock-raiders. (1 (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Possible ATST woes

I was thinking about an ATST for only 10 bucks. That would mean it would only have around 100 pieces. The only way I can think of doing that is (and this really irks me to think about it) is to use the shifting sliding legs like those on the Robo (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No, I'm supposing that kids don't give a rat's ass about race. Kids play. It's we, the adults, who teach kids about race, or rather, skin color (given that we still are only one race, something we should perhaps also teach our kids...). (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  the never ending struggle

I geuss I have to thank dave for clarifying certain points from my previous posts. Specifically the issue of representational color in minifigs, and how a yellow lando would be about as good as a blue chewbacca or a green 3po. In defense of my (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Except that TLC did not model the figs in "natural" skin tones. They used bright yellow. Had they modeled the light skinned characters in tan then it would make sense to model the dark skinned characters in brown. (I was surprised and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message news:Fz63HJ.G4v@lugnet.com... (...) there (...) Dunno. I sure hope that the recent trend in licencing we've seen with TLC won't detract from their original products. Lego would cheapen, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Speaking of <set:9171>, doesn't the figure almost dead center in the Pause DB picture remind you of Spock? The first time I saw it, that's who I thought of. Also, when I saw this set, I thought if LEGO can make a DUPLO set with people of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Vader's Tie Fighter

Gerry, It was a prototype of the next generation of Tie Fighters. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Part out UCS X-Wing?

To All, Well, not to do a shameless plug or anything..... < shameless plug > My site, (URL) is planning on having both UCS X Wing and Tie Fighter, which will be up eventually. You can check under the sets page on the left. < shameless plug > Anyway, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Vader's Tie Fighter

(...) Yeah, Vader's TIE is a TIE Advanced X1 (experimeltal 1st model) It was given to him by Admiral Zarran who developed both the Advanced and Defender. (See the game TIE Fighter for further details)The Final version of the TIE advanced is (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Vader's Tie Fighter

Hi, Can someone explain the difference in Vader's ship compared to a average Tie Fighter other then the way it looks. Thanks, Gerry (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Part out UCS X-Wing?

I managed to get the only two 7191s that arrived at my local TRU before they hit the floor. I brought one to the NALug meeting shortly after so everyone could drool, and we discussed the possibility of parting it out. I'd be willing to do it if (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Hmm. Well, someone else mentioned the inflammatory nature of the phrase "race crad" before, so I won't rehash that. I'll assume you mean that you think the best way for TLC to handle this situation would be not to make minifigs of Lando, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Then why bother responding if it is pointless and tiresome? I'd rather you continue ignoring me or address the other point. Why don't people respond? Because I'm bringing up something that directly refutes their claims and they feel (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) In at least one case, the lack of response is entirely because that person (me) finds the entire debate pointless and tiresome. It is a non-issue. Further responses (such as the one I am currently constructing) are a waste of breath, because (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) I've posted my experience on this a number of times: curiously there's rarely a response. Wade through the latest (down around the middle): (URL) your supposing that kids apply all races to the figs rather than perceiving them as NOT (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Well, is it really if we consider the target audience? I've said it before, I'll say it again: as long as the kids seem happy with the minifigs, as long as the kids are able to use their own imagination to bring diversity to the world of Lego (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:Fz4z2L.G18@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) in (...) one (...) Ok, I see this now where I didn't quite see it before, and will refrain from using that phrase in the future. It was not a conscious (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) "Race card" has connotations well in excess of the bounds of this debate and should be employed with caution. Typically the term is used in situations in which the implication of racism is perceived to yield a result positive to one side's (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Yes, but that was because minifigs, macrofigs, or any type of figs didn't exist then. At least for me. :-O (...) Here is the crux of the problem. The lack of diversity in minifigs IS a political message. You may agree with that message, you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:Fz4qw1.FyI@lugnet.com... (...) draw (...) that (...) (for (...) Viable alternative. In all sincerity, I have watched LUGNET for the past few days be filled with what I feel is senseless (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) A lot of people have said this, but I'd be interested to see them actually draw lines and point out these so-called "factions". There seem to be only two that really exist- those who are discussing something they find interesting (for whatever (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Hey everybody... After reading a few of the highlights from the recent debates on adding different color minifigs into the Lego product line, I thought I'd offer a few words. I have a major concern with the discussions and the attitude portrayed. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Lego minifig scale Death Star or, gosh, I'm sorry!

This post was inspired by all those "Has anyone made a minifig scale Death Star?" and "At, last my minifig scale Millennium Falcon is complete!" posts. This is a joke! The moon is still there!(Go outside and look if you don't beleve me!) Hey all! (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) be (...) Yeah, Bruce, you're certainly right. I watched ep 4 again two nights ago and the only black person that I counted was an extra in the mos eisley scenes. apparently, though Lucas wised up. thank god. ---D. (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Racial politics in LEGO (Endless debates in LUGNET about race would be a good title too!)

Yo nigga, what the deal? Just to clarify, I emailed Brad Justus a day or two ago and asked him if he might check out the thread that begins with "Who's feelin' the black pack?" when he's got the time. He's yet to reply, but rest assured that as soon (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact