 Star Wars / 8690
Re: My prediction on how the AT-ST walker looks like
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:39:20 GMT

To pick up a recent discussion: your AT ST looks horrible, but... this is a
completly new way of building. Taking the limitations we believe a future
official set will have and create a MOC based on it. You have done a great
job, doing this and I think this could be a fun thing for the future (as long
as TLG leaks some information from time to time ;)

Some thougths about your model: the legs seem to be spot on to what we´ll have
to expect imho, but I think the feet will be using the top part of the sith
infiltrator (as someone already posted when seeing the first pictures of the
sith). My guess is we will see one or two new pieces for the head to get the
right feeling for it. It will be impossible to seat two imperials next two
each other in the cockpit. You must have seated them behind one another ?!

It looks like most of us will be disappointed with this model but maybe some
stormtoopers will make it up to us :) I still think kids will love this model
and it will have a high playability. And maybe a good selection of parts for
us too ;) I also think that there is a high possibility of seeing an UCS ATST
in the future as it could be possible from the piececount, would be very cool,
would sell as hell (can I say this ?, oh my english) and has been done by some
of you already in a way I would expect to see it as an UCS.

If I get some sparetime before Lego releases this model I´ll join and create
my prediction of an ATST. Thanks for the picture Andrew & hope to see more of
your creations.

Ralph -dö-

In lugnet.starwars, Andrew Khym writes:
Using MLCAD, I made a model of the AT-ST Walker without the StormTroopers yet.
The total was 94 pieces. Stinks huh when its rumored to be around 10 bucks.
Well, since most of the pieces is small, I guess around 110 pieces might be
alright. (The extra 16 is for the stormtrooper plus other interior things. I
have already placed 3 computers in the cockpit.

Click the link below to view a picture of the AT-ST Walker in Minifigure • scale.
http://www.geocities.com/repulsarlift/atst.htm and for more info.