 Star Wars / 8673
8672  |  8674
Subject:
There's no such thing as a bad MOC builder (was: Re: New MF model.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:28:13 GMT

Ooook -- eeep -- opppp -- orkkk -- red flag alert!

In lugnet.starwars, Mladen Pejic writes:
[...]
Now that is what is everyone on LUGNET (I say it to myself all the time)
should do. Because what Joshua failed to mention is that, yes there are some
really bad LEGO MOC builders on LUGNET,

Egad!  What a terrible, horrible, rotten thing to say!  How can you truly
mean that?

I submit to you that there is no such thing as a bad LEGO MOC builder, just
as there is no such thing as a bad birthday-gift wrapper.  If you don't like
someone's MOC, it's your problem, not theirs.

and then there are the stressed out, bitter people like him, wasting time
on LUGNET.

Well, Joshua's comments may not have ended up having the constructive impact
he may have intended, but it's tough to agree with you that he was wasting
anyone's time any more than you waste my time when you post photos of your
MOC's.  (BTW, I greatly enjoy it when you waste my time with your MOC's!  :-)
Everything here, in a way, wastes everyone's time.  Occasionally there are
un-fun wastes of time along with the usual fun wastes of time -- c'est la vie,
and we move on, no?

And besides, do you really know JoshuaC well enough to judge him as a bitter
person?  I don't really think he is (I met him once) and he indicated later
that he was having a bad day.  Wouldn't you agree that we all have our bad
days?

Ah, one of these days I gotta take a long 10000-mile trip around in a camping
van and get out and meet more people in person.

--Todd