 Star Wars / 8651
Re: New MF model.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:37:19 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joshua Cirinna writes:
<snipped>

nothing like the MF, mostly because you used the official pieces to build a
ship that is too big for them. It would be an incredible model if you had just
forgotten that there was such a thing as the Millenium Falcon and just made a
really cool spaceship instead. there are other models of this ship out there
that are so accurate and involved its scary, so why bother with it at all( Im
not saying this to discourage you, I just wish more people would be more
creative with the brick instead of recreating others work)

Josh

I'm uh, gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here.  While I agree that
this model does seem a bit too long, it is just really cool.  I must apologize
in advance to Thad before I say this, but it's not the only one of his models
that just doesn't seem to look right...  IMHO his Imperial Shuttle, which is a
masterful piece of work, doesn't look like the imperial shuttle... the wings
and (especially) the tail fin are much too long... of course this could just
be because I created an Imperial Shuttle and certain aspects of Thad's (such
as the cockpit + fuselage) are so much better than mine that I'm
jealous... :)  while it's a better all around model than my own, it could've
been better if the wings + tail weren't so long.

Anyway, his use of pieces is somewhat astounding, and all of his models are
stunning (whether they seem "out of whack" or not.)  I think that this MF
would be perfect if it was just a tad wider and a tad shorter.

And you are right, the MF has been done to death... it's a really cool ship,
but enough's enough... build one if you really want to, but if you're trying
to make something to impress us (the jaded SW Lego fans) please do something
that hasn't been done so so so much.

So I guess I didn't disagree with you on all aspects.  I really like Thad's
work however.

-Bryan