 Star Wars / 8647
Re: Different definitions of MOC(Re: New MF model.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:46:11 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Karim Nassar writes:

It's for the same reason that
I'm taking a break from MOCs to build a large-scale B-Wing fighter model.

I take it you define "MOC" to mean something completely from your own head?
Typically, I think of a MOC as being anything that someone makes that doesn't
follow Lego (or someone else's LDraw, etc) instructions.

...[snippage]...

Wow... very valid points.  I think you are totally right... I guess I never
really considered my own definition.  I suppose I think of MOCs on various
levels:

re-interpretations of other LEGO model (building a better Naboo fighter model)
original models for existing objects (different interpretations of the MF)
original models for existing concepts (the many different versions of mecha)
fully original model

Certainly all are valid MOCs... and the cool factor of the final model is not
dependent on type of MOC.

So, I'm taking a break from designing my own original objects to model in LEGO
to model an existing object (B-Wing) in LEGO in an original way :)

--Karim