 Star Wars / 8645
Re: New MF model.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:19:53 GMT

Joshua, while I agree with you regarding the level of criticism typical to
lugnet, I'll have to disagree with your panning of this model. Certainly it is
off-scale and unreasonably long, but it achieves a level of visual detail that
surpasses most, if not all of the previous attempts at this most difficult
ship. To say "it looks nothing like the MF" is patently rediculous, as it is
instantly obvious as to what this model is supposed to be.

IMHO, with it's deliberate and carefull use of surface details, and localized
"patchwork" technology, it's portrayal of the spirit of the MF is equal to that
of any MOC MF I've seen, even if, on the whole, it does a poor job of
establishing the correct shape and proportions.

As to why he built it, isn't it enough that he chose to? It can be a very
interesting challenge to attempt to portray an object that everybody knows very
well, in a medium as abstract as the LEGO brick. It's for the same reason that
I'm taking a break from MOCs to build a large-scale B-Wing fighter model.

--Karim