 Star Wars / 8662
Re: New MF model.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:07:53 GMT

I realize that I was overly harsh in my criticizm of thads model, because it is
pretty cool, but my real criticizm was meant to be directed toward the lack of
constructive criticizm regarding new models (plus of course Im bored with all
star wars models, I cannot stress that enough). Sometimes it seems like the
Emperors new clothes, everything is good and cool as long as its lego.  Its
just like college, you try to take an advanced class because you are excited by
the subject matter and its ends up being dumbed down so the stupidist kid in
the class can keep up.  I should say, complimenting every model you see dumbs
and dulls those compliments until great artists like karim and um.. that kid
with the castle villages(you know, its all tan and tudor), and plenty other
great lego builders cant tell the value of their work from the feedback. What
good is it telling someone there painstaking mech or castle is cool when you
turn around and say that some weiners sloppy copcar is cool too.
dont try to argue, I really do see your point, but I dont care, I have my own
opinion about this stuff.
Thad, your ship really is cool, I just have unreasonably high expectations of
myself and everyone else. Play nice
Josh

Don't get me wrong, I am not implying that all users should fall over
themselves praising every model posted, but let's try to keep the criticism to
a constructive manner and not harsh attacks based upon personal preference.
We’re all here to have fun, can't we all just play nicely.

Scott