 Star Wars / 8653
Re: New MF model.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:56:28 GMT

I do not think it possible for me to disagree more with you Josh.  One of the
great things about Lugnet is that this community goes beyond a bunch of anal-
retentive critics that will verbally destroy a persons creation simply because
there are just not enough studs from one end to another.  This community
consists of Lego users of all different levels of skill and experience.  For
some it is an all consuming obsession, for others it is a part time
appreciation.  True many people who post images of their creations desire
feedback on what they could have done better, but I saw very little of that in
your post.  Correct me if I am wrong, but the gist of your post seemed to me
to be "Your model sucks because it is too narrow, and too many people have
done the Millenium Falcon anyway."

1. What does it matter that the model has been done before, does that make a
fans desire to build his own version any less valid
2. Posting severe criticism, even if it is justified (which in this case it is
not), is not appropriate for a public board like this.  If you have specific
advice I am sure Thad would have appreciated that emailed directly to him.
3. Your comments are just plain unfair, Thad created a great looking model,
not necessarily an exact replica of the ship, but a great interpretation based
upon the materials at his disposal.  If he had posted a picture of his first
born child I fear your comments would be along the lines of "I've seen cuter
babies".

Don't get me wrong, I am not implying that all users should fall over
themselves praising every model posted, but let's try to keep the criticism to
a constructive manner and not harsh attacks based upon personal preference.
We’re all here to have fun, can't we all just play nicely.

Scott