 Star Wars / 8652
Re: A New Trilogy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:10:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Paul Foster writes:

From the URL, I am assuming this is a fan novel, not supported by Lucas?

Anyways, I've read all the books so far (i think) EXCEPT the
junior/young jedi  series and I think I missed something.  I just
started
the New JEDI order series and don't remember where Luke/Mara got married
and what book she got the disease.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Luke and Mara got married at the end of Vision of the Future, the two book
series Zahn that "ended" the Star Wars line with the old publisher.  The first
book was Specter of the Past.  The books deal with the threat of Thrawn
returning and I'll leave it at that if you haven't read them.  They came out
at Christmas of '97 and '98 respectively.

As for Mara getting the disease, as far as I know we never saw that.  It was
just there when the first book (Vector Prime) of the new series under the new
publisher started.  I think that Salvatore was trying to portray time passing
between Vision of the Future and Vector Prime by including things that
happened in that time period that we didn't see.