 Star Wars / 8672
Re: rare elements...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 02:07:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Christian Gemuenden wrote:

Isn't it strange that some of the LEGO elements in the SW sets never showed
up in other themes or even sets as well. I am thinking about the yellow
pieces from Anakin's Podracer and the brown elements from the Droid Fighter
here. They look like they'd have a totally different purpose originally, but
were never released for that function.

Have to disagree with you there.  Those banana-flaps look very much like
they were designed for Ani's little racer.

The brown wedges from the droid starfighter kinda look like they might have
been some old designs, just laying around.  Or maybe not.  They're generic
enough that we can't really tell.

I'd be willing to bet that when the LEGO part creators sit down to design
some brand new elements, they look at more than just the parts that are
needed immediately.  Heck, we know they do -- they've got patents for
elements that were never produced.

So it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the wedge from the dsf was a
design that was kicked around when they made the first 8x6 slope-tile.

Steve