 Star Wars / 8619
Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 07:47:59 GMT

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message

On a slight tangent, does anyone know of any minifigs that represent REAL
people?  (Not a character in a movie.)  At Kidvention I saw one of Steven
Spielberg in the upcoming movie maker set.  Will this be the first?  Are • there
any others?

Dunno.  I sure hope that the recent trend in licencing we've seen with TLC
won't detract from their original products.  Lego would cheapen, IMO, if
their products became all licensed (Disney, Harry Potter, SW, Spielberg,
etc).  TLC should keep its originality, that's part of what makes Lego Lego.

Seeing licensing is neat, but it shouldn't be a substitute for their own
designs, nor should it be seen as the answer to their declining popularity,
which is a direct result of juniorization.

My .02...
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114