 Robotics / RCX / *6955 (-100)
  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) <snip> (...) Good work on this. Yes I believe we would like to add this support. We are crunched with trying to get what we want into this next release. We likely can add some of the Makefile mods in this release, maybe the Pascal Units as (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

(...) GCC 2.95 versions and binutils 2.95 thru 2.10 appear to work. I believe readers, here, have also successfully used gcc 3.0 and 3.1 but not 3.2. The brickOS plan is to release brickOS-1.0.0 first. Then we will work on adapting the code to work (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

Hallo, Which versions of gcc/binutils and newlib is brickos developed with? As I read in here and tested myself, it doesn't work with the most recent versions (gcc 3.2, binutils 2.13 and newlib 1.10). Do I need a newlib? The howto doesn't mention (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Pascal/OOP definitely adds a bit of overhead. It is possible that some of that overhead could be lessened by tweaking the Pascal headers. I'm going to fiddle a bit with a couple of different approaches to see what works best now that I have a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Great work John! Do you have any comparisons of executable sizes between C/C++ and Pascal/OOP? ROSCO (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

If anyone is at all interested, I have a completed porting the brickOS headers to a set of Pascal units. At present, I have successfully written Pascal versions of essentially all the C and C++ demo files - including TrailerBot. I've also written a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC website moved

(...) Hello David, thanks for your answer, the link here in NQC-section in lugnet shows still to the old site. Best Regards Joerg (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Probs with NQC-Website

(...) thank you. Joerg (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC website moved

(...) hi Dave, Why is Google so important, if using search engine www.ixquick.com with strings like "Dave Baum", "Dave Baum NQC" or just "NQC", 9 of the 10 first hits points to you or your books :-) Stef Mientki (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Hex->LNP ?

Hi, I'm trying to setup a serial connection from my PC to the RCX which is running LNP. But since I'm running Windows i'm not able to use the lnp-functions in my program, and I'm therefore trying to establish a connection from CSerial. So if anybody (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC website moved

I probably should have announced this a while back. About three months ago I moved the NQC web site to www.baumfamily.org/nqc During this transition I put a forwarding page at the old address, but I cancelled my old ISP account last week, so the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Probs with NQC-Website

try this (URL) Mientki (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Probs with NQC-Website

For minimum 2 days I have problems to get the NQC website (URL) . There is following error message: |Forbidden |You don't have permission to access /~dbaum/nqc/ on this server. | |Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.enteract.com Port 80 Is this site down or (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: template resizing

Did you try messing with the ShowTemplatePopup and ShowTemplateForm values in the registry? What about pressing F9 while you are in Bricxcc? Timothy (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  template resizing

OK. I'm stumped. Unfortunately, I haven't learned NQC well enough yet to use it without the template function in BrixCC. The fact is, I'm downright dependant on it. For whatever reason, in the last 3 months since the last RTLToronto contest (when I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

This is our second publicly visible test release. We will announce when we think we are closing in on the actual release (We think this may happen, yet this December.) Details regarding how to provide feedback are at (URL) can download from (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Beta Tester(s) wanted NQCSpeechCompiler

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

"Stef Mientki" <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote in message news:H4IC2q.8HB@lugnet.com... (...) Dasher? No, do you have a URL? Dean (...) and (...) as (...) the (...) felt (...) spirit (...) correspondence. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Beta Tester(s) wanted NQCSpeechCompiler

hi Dean, ever heard of "Dasher", could be an alternative too ? Stef (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

"Joseph Woolley" <jwoolley@spamblock....ht.rr.com> wrote in message news:H4HvF3.C03@lugnet.com... (...) Win2k. (...) Ah, so it's not just me. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what I might be doing wrong. A few years ago I had (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

I don't think the problem is WinXP specific: I had the same issue on Win2k. I ended up using the prebuilt gcc/binutils from hitachi for that reason. However, the prebuilt set is quite a bit older. I hope this issue can be worked out so we can begin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

Hello, Are there any know problems getting the h8 cross compiler working under Windows XP? I'm using the latest cygwin environment, along with gcc3.2, newlib1.10, and have tried both the binutils source distributed with cygwin (2002070601?) and I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS issues

(...) The brickOS team thanks you for mentioning this. It is our goal to continue to simplify this experience. We always enjoy hearing that we are making progress. (...) We hear you and have addressed some of them... (...) This is intentional for (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal

(...) Personally, I think this is great. If a GUI can be developed for BrickOS, it will be a huge boost to BrickOS, because it should be MUCH easier for people to use it. Between this, the DJGPP compiler Ed's working on, and the whole new surge in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal

This is extremely preliminary, but I can't wait to share the news. I've managed to build a Hitachi H8 cross compiler for GNU Pascal (under cygwin on W2K) and have successfully downloaded and ran the following Pascal program on brickOS. program (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: What version for my rcx 1.5?

(...) The brick version doesn't really mean a lot (other than that version 1.0 bricks had the external power jack). If you download the firmware from the 2.0 SDK then your 1.5 brick is an RCX 2.0 and it will work perfectly well with NQC, BricxCC (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  What version for my rcx 1.5?

Hello, I am starting to look at my mindstorm again. It is version 1.5 and I have prev. used NQC and RcxCC. What should I use now? How about the new sdk 2.0? Can I use that one? Can I use the new versions of NQC and RcxCC? Hope someone can bring me (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Update for DJGPP version

I have placed instructions for building the cross compiler for DJGPP on our website, (URL) They are (as of this posting) incomplete. Biunutils can be configured and built but gcc currently has a proplem in the build stage. It looks like a c++ error (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  differences between the legOS versions

Hi all, Can anyone tell me, where i can get informations about the differnces of the serveral legOS versions. I use currently legOS 0.2.3 Christian (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MOC: Technic-scale tower crane

Although it was completed a while ago, recent posts [1] have prodded me into making an official announcement. Check out this seven-foot-tall tower crane: (URL) aim was to create a functional model that would fit in with the style of classic Technic (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Tower crane

(URL) confess not looking closely at this when it was first publicised. It's amazing. (see also : (URL) ) There is mention at the end of the page of the use of an RCX but not much additional detail... John K. if you're on the list (or anyone else), (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LEGO Mindstroms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

(...) Andreas, IR struggles to keep contact in one room, so you need an RF wireless solution. It is possible to include a PDA with Bluetooth or WiFi support as part of your robot, and communicate between the PC and the PDA over the RF protocol, and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LNP

How's this? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP

Can anyone help me find information about LNP? I want to know how to send/receive serial data. If you know where I can get more info, please tell me. I have a cool robot I want to make remote-controlable. Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LEGO MindStorms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

Hi, we want to build a Roboter with the following characteristics and under the following conditions: The roboter should be able to drive through a whole building by itself. During his drive he detects obstacles, walls etc. Everything he detects he (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LEGO Mindstroms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

Hi, we want to build a Roboter with the following characteristics and under the following conditions: The roboter should be able to drive through a whole building by itself. During his drive he detects obstacles, walls etc. Everything he detects he (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Master thesis about legOS and DSM

hi all, just wanted you all to know that i have finished my master thesis where i incorporated an RCX with legOS 0.2.4 with a distributed shared memory system called PastSet. the thesis can be downloaded from (URL) the DSM part might not be relevant (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with SDL-Programming and legos

I have assume an existing SDL-System with an env.c-File. I tried to change this system to communicate between two RCX. Now my problem: In the case that i have one RCX who only send and one who receive, it works. But if i try the create a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Old LEGO Daca stuff in your closet?

We have a bunch of kids in our school who have been having a great time building stuff with two old LEGO Dacta (PC Controlled, wired) set of parts. Many of them are 1st to 3rd grade, and usually don't get to do our Mindstorms LEGO projects yet. But (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.dacta, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Serial Input

I have a question. I'm working with LegOS, and I want to know how to read serial input through the IR port. I know with other firmware, it's pretty easy to set-up and write serial data out, but I want to read this data back in. Actually, I'm trying (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  WS3D RCX Challenge #5 Results

Yesterday was the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #5. The Lego robotics competition took place in the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. Events were line following (two divisions), sumo, and puck gathering. The code-only line tracking event will be held (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Transmission alternatives to IrDa ?

Hi, assume you want your PC to act as the brain of the robot. The PC should send from time to time comands to the robot during it works. The robot might be far away, so that IrDa transmission would not be possible anymore. Are there alternatives to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Strip Command

(...) appears (...) Rick, Windows 98 is not correctly checked in the Makefiles. I have fixed this is the current CVS version. For now I would simply add CYGWIN_98-4.10 to all Makefiles which do this check. I believe that is only $ (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Starting Over

(...) The BrickOS for cygwin instructions ((URL) describe downloading the source code for gcc & binutils and building the Hitachi cross-compiler and associated tools in step 2. If you use the pre-built hitachi tools that Joseph Wooley posted about a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Starting Over

Hello, According to John Hansens' instructions, I am assuming you do not need to download the bin-utils as called out in the original sourceforge instructions. Is this correct? Thanks again for the help. Here goes. Rick Bonari (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Strip Command

(...) In Makefile.common in the util subdirectory this code ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin CYGWIN_NT-4.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.1 WindowsNT Windows_NT)) EXT=.exe CC =gcc CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32 endif pretty much guarantees that your (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Strip Command

Hello, When I do a uname command, I get CYGWIN_98-4.10. It definitely appears that makefile.common has some problems with paths, etc. When I type the command: strip fontdesign.exe dll.exe makelx.exe fixdeps.exe genlds.exe firmdl3.exe as I mentioned (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  monitor and control external voltage

Could you build a voltage controlled switch out of the RCX? Do this: Monitor a voltage, when the monitored voltage does something, switch a motor output. 1) What would you have to do to monitor a voltage (safely)? Connect an input sensor to your (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX and GPS systems

(...) It might be possible to run an IR transmitter directly off it, IIRC John Barnes posted a circuit diagram for that a while ago (he might also sell these things). Then you only need the software, where you need to send/receive single characters, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  BrickOS issues

First off, I'd like to say that I had ZERO problems installing, building, and testing BrickOS on my PC. That's even with the BrickOS name change release and the pre-built Hitachi tools. You guys do good work! There are a few issues I have come (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX and GPS systems

(...) Also see the ACE-II from Trimble which could be powered and output directly to the normal sensor plugs; and can be run slow enough for it to nor be a problem to read. However... you are going to have issues with resolution and reception. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX and GPS systems

A big question is if the positioning resolution you could achieve would be worth the cost or effort. The GPS hardware I've seen tell you where you are within a few yards. Unless you can get that down to a few inches what's the point? Plus you still (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX and GPS systems

For sometime I have thought that a GPS interfaced with the RCX would be the answer to my navigational prayers. I have not found any information on an interface for the RCX (GPS-RCX or GPS-PC-RCX). I realize that this is not a trivial task with (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

(...) Something is definitely not quite right with your setup. Makefile.common in the util subdirectory of the BrickOS tree has the following code in it: # # WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values: # ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

Rick, I have never used 'make strip' and have been using legOS/BrickOS for quite some time now. So, if it doesn't work, that should not stop you from continuing. However, with BrickOS, the make strip command now executes 'strip fontdesign.exe (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

Hello, I finally got make to complete without any apparent errors. At the end of the process, no errors were shown. I had to move the proper copy of objcopy.exe to the required directory and I also had to copy the proper copy of g++.exe to the same (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc Problems

Rick, It sounds as if you have gcc working, however, the version of objcopy that you copied from another folder is incompatible with the hitachi h8 version of gcc. You need to have a special version of objcopy that is designed for the h8 (the RCX). (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Gcc Problems

Hello, There is a line under Hitachi H8 tool prefix that goes like this: HMSTOOLDIR=/usr/local/crossgcc. I changed it to HMSTOOLDIR=/usr/local and I changed TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOL...tachi-hms- to TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOL...i-hms/bin. After looking through (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc Problems

Some versions of the gcc executables are named h8300-hms-*.exe (ex: h8300-hms-gcc.exe) The Makefile.common, as you pointed out expects h8300-hitachi-hms-*.exe If this is what you are experiencing, then you have two options: 1) make copies of them, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc Problems

(...) Your previous post indicated that you were running under cygwin, iirc, so the line to which you refer above is not where your problem lies. In Makefile.common there are several sections that only apply to a particular operating system, cygwin, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Gcc Problems

Hello, I looked at the Makefile.common file and there is a line that goes as follows: TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOL...tachi-hms- Could this be where my problem lies according to what I said in the previous post earlier today? Thanks Much, Rick Bonari (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cygwin/Gcc/Legos Installation

Hello, Need some help on deciphering the following Errors: Errors when executing the Make Depend Command: ...../h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc: not found make [1]: ***[depend] Error 127 make: ***[depend] Error 2 Errors when executing the Make Command: (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  finally works

finally works.... the problem was in the Makefile.common file, finally change the line: # LEGOS_ROOT=$(HOME)/legOS/ with: LEGOS_ROOT=/legOS-0.2.6/ thanks a lot for your posts!! :-) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

(...) Ok. So for cygwin, the path is /legos-0.2.6 (...) Is that right? I think it must read c:\cygwin\legos-0.2.6\mycode. (...) Ok. (...) That is ok. (...) First the good news: Makefile.common and Makefile.user are correctly included. Otherwise, the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

(...) To make it so that your code can live anywhere (i.e., not necessarily beneath the cygwin and/or BrickOS root directory you should make the following changes to your Makefile. 1. replace any relative paths (i.e., ../ or ../../ etc.) with (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Battery voltage levels

"Barney Hilken" <b.hilken@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H3MuHC.2CM@lugnet.com... (...) volts (...) The (...) circuits. [snip] (...) alkalines? (...) I use Nickel Hydride rechargeables in an RCX1.0, at least that's what it says on the top - (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS library path

"Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> wrote in message news:H3MD68.M72@lugnet.com... (...) Hi there! (...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) [snip] This broke for me between legOS 0.2.5 and 0.2.6 I belive (and is still broken in the current brickos (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

"Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> wrote in message news:H3Mp27.CBz@lugnet.com... (...) <snip> (...) <snip> You should add 'mycode' to the list of directories found in Makefile, just after demo. Then always run make from the legOS root (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Battery voltage levels

(...) Thanks, this explains the difference. However, I'm still interested in the voltage levels people get. Does anyone use NiCads? Or rechargeable alkalines? Or something else I've not thought of? Barney. (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS library path

I install legOS in the follow directory: C:\cygwin\legos-0.2.6 (the same like the windows instructions) Create the follow directory: C:\legos-0.2.6\mycode Copy the *.c and Makefile files in C:\legos-0.2.6\mycode In the Makefile default file i think (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Battery voltage levels

"Barney Hilken" <b.hilken@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H3LyHy.76H@lugnet.com... (...) version 2.0 (...) batteries: the (...) variation (...) on (...) email (...) Robot (...) don't (...) There is going to be a difference between the 1.0's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS library path

(...) You have to look where you are and where the makefile searches for other needed files. In the moment, you makefile hopes to find the include files under /legos/include. Is that ok? If you installed legos into your home directory, the path must (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Controlling larger motors from RCX ??

We need to control larger motors with a separate 12V power supply, from the RCX outputs. We would like to 'mirror' the RCX bipolar, pulse-width-modulated outputs to a separate circuit with a larger H-bridge that is (probably) electrically isolated (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  legOS library path

Hello!! Testing the instalation of legOS-0.2.6 (cygwin) after download succesfully the firmware and some sample programs of demo directory to the RCX, i create a new directory called mycode, i put all the *.c and Makefile files from demo directory, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Battery voltage levels

I have two RCXs: a version 1.0 with external power connector, and a version 2.0 without. They consistently report different voltages on the same batteries: the 2.0 puts all batteries about 0.3v higher. I want to know how much variation there is (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Remotely starting RCX

Thanks!!! (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

(...) You manage your projects now, I'm guessing, simply by directory structure and the contents of your make file? Do you put targets in your make file which execute dll to download the .lx to the brick or do you usually perform that step as a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: not found

Shehryar Shaheen <shehryar.shaheen@ul.ie> wrote in message news:000901c26bd4$fe...SHAHEEN... (...) You should find this utility in the fileutils package. Ed (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

Hello John, (...) That would be real real great! (...) That should work. At my system, bigger projects are broken into several source files. It is easier for me to work with them then with a huge single source file. (...) Why not? BrickOS can handle (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Remotely starting RCX

Hello Henk, (...) If you run "dll" without a file name to download, dll will tell you all it's switches. One is the -e switch, that executes the program you download. So "dll -e helloworld.lx" will download helloworld and run it. Another possible (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

(...) My goal would be to have BricxCC work with C/C++ BrickOS programs much like it works with NQC & MindScript programs now. You have a file open in the editor. You press the compile button and it either performs a make without errors or a little (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Remotely starting RCX

Hello, As an unexperienced unix programmer it took me 16 hours to download and install LegOS on my XP and make the 'Hello World' message appear on the RCX. (Oh joy!) After another 4 hours I managed to compile my first program. So thinks go slow but (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

This will be quite nice! I would be awesome if we could package a single "install" that would place precompiled GCC and Binutil files on the drive. That way, the user would simply install some cygwin support, then this program, download BrickOS, and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

Could you expand on what you want to do with BrickOS? Something about project files? generating make file? If this has anything to do with having a file anywhere on your hard-drive and having it compile leaving an *.LX file behind, I may be of some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

So, I recently installed cygwin (again) and the pre-built Hitachi cross compiler (which someone recently posted about here). I installed the latest BrickOS release from SourceForge. Everything in the BrickOS for Windows instructions worked (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: not found

It means u don't have a cat! No :) cat is a utility for concatanating files u need to get that. It would be available from where u downloaded cygwin ----- Original Message ----- From: "Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> To: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  cat: not found

Hello what mean the follow error: (thanks!!) :---...--- Begin Fri Oct 4 11:40:22 2002 ---...---: Fri Oct 4 11:40:22 2002 Source code installation start Fri Oct 4 11:43:07 2002 Source code installation end Fri Oct 4 11:43:08 2002 Binutils (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Robolab 2.5.0 -> 2.5.1 ???

Mike, As recommended by others in this thread I contacted Lego Dacta and they sent me (free of charge) a CD-ROM with the 2.5.1 upgrade on it. This can only be applied to an installed copy of 2.5.0. I have not found the 2.5.1 upgrade anywhere on the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Robolab 2.5.0 -> 2.5.1 ???

I grow confused about all this. Can you tell me how to get 2.5.1 from a patch/update off the net? Alternatively, can you tell me who to contact in the UK (or for the UK) to get the update files please? Mike Reddy, Senior Lecturer -- Web: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Liam, What exactly are your errors using cygwin? Post them here. I might take a couple of posts back and forth but I do believe it is possible. I have it running on Windows 98 and I know other have been successful with Windows. What windows OS are (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cross-machine cross-compiling

I have tried posting about the pre-built tools for Win32-cygwin before, however, I think the person I was talking to was too frustrated by then to try it. If you head over to the hitachi web site, they have a link for third party compilers. They (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  MacNQC Beta Release 3.0a6

Hi All, I've uploaded MacNQC 3.0a6. New features are: * Tooltips for the Toolbar. Bugs fixed: * Disabled the Fast Firmware checkbox when the USB tower is selected as the output device. * Fixed a crash if while compiling a one line error message is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I, too, have been at it for three weeks. gcc and bintools build OK under cygwin, but when it gets to the cross-compiler, the whole make process craps out. The compile fails because some of the cross-compiler sources are (complaining about) missing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cross-machine cross-compiling

No matter how hard I try - or how many different "this is how to do legOS under Win32" web sites I visit - I cannot get legOS and its associated cross-compiler to build. The stuff from brickOS dies during the make process because of "missing" (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  a suggestion for BrickOS

Who would I contact about creating a library of math functions? (sqrt, sin, cos, tan, invsin, invcos, invtan, and ect.) Would they be able to add the library to the standard files in the BrickOS project? Timothy (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Instructions for building DJGPP H8300 cross compiler

Steve Hassenplug <hassenplug@mail.com> wrote in message news:20020930130735....ail.com... (...) Steve, Not yet. As I mentioned at the end of the post I have only gotten so far with the gcc cross compiler. I get several warnings about conflicting (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Some UI questions about Robolab

Hi All, I have a couple of quick questions. 1. The help in Robolab says I can select a program from the programs list and press F10 to delete it. Every time I do this I get a message saying that the folder is locked. I've tried everything I can (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  New version of Robot Controller

Version 1.6b2 of Robot Controller is available, either from Version Tracker, or from my new web page: (URL) it out, and tell me what you think! In case you don't know, Robot Controller is a MacOS X application for controlling and testing RCX robots (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Instructions for building DJGPP H8300 cross compiler

Ed, This is GREAT to see. Will this work with the latest version of BrickOS? Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:06:53 GMT To: lugnet.robotics.rcx....lugnet.com Subject: Instructions (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Use built-in Ir instead of IR-Tower?

(...) The IR protocol is slightly different. While IRDA only sends short pulses the Lego Tower sends a signal for the whole time slot. It is very unlikely that one can get them work together. Jochen (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact