 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2897
Re: Gcc Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:34:50 GMT

Some versions of the gcc executables are named h8300-hms-*.exe (ex:
h8300-hms-gcc.exe)  The Makefile.common, as you pointed out expects
h8300-hitachi-hms-*.exe

If this is what you are experiencing, then you have two options:
1) make copies of them, then rename the files (or simply rename them) to
h8300-hitachi-hms-*.exe

2) change Makefile.common to look for h8300-hms-*.exe

If the file names are the same as what is in Makefile.common, then John
Hansen's suggestions should do the trick.

// Joe

p.s.  You may need to do both, change the file names as I have suggested,
and change the path as John suggested.

"Rick Bonari" <rbonari@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Hello,

      I looked at the Makefile.common file and there is a line that goes • as
follows: TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOLDIR)/h8300-hitachi-hms/bin/h8300-hitachi-hms-

      Could this be where my problem lies according to what I said in the

Thanks Much,
Rick Bonari