 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2896
Re: Gcc Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:06:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rick Bonari writes:
     I looked at the Makefile.common file and there is a line that goes as
follows: TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOLDIR)/h8300-hitachi-hms/bin/h8300-hitachi-hms-

     Could this be where my problem lies according to what I said in the

Your previous post indicated that you were running under cygwin, iirc, so
the line to which you refer above is not where your problem lies.  In
Makefile.common there are several sections that only apply to a particular
operating system, cygwin, and compiler configuration.  The part that applies
to current versions of cygwin running on a Win32 system is

ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),CYGWIN_NT-4.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.1))

TOOLPREFIX=h8300-hitachi-hms-
SED_SFLAG=i

endif

So, to fix some (if not all) of your problems that you described in your
previous email you can do a couple different things.  You can add the
directory containing h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc.exe to your PATH.  Or you can
editing the TOOLPREFIX line shown above to include the full path to your
cross compiler:

TOOLPREFIX=C:/cygwin/h8300-000821/H-i686-cygwin32/bin/h8300-hitachi-hms-

I would recommend NOT editing Makefile.common.  I would put the directory
containing your gcc executable on your path.  And I would set BRICKOS_ROOT
(or LEGOS_ROOT) as a system environment variable via control panel/system.
It should be something like /brickos-0.2.6.07.nmChg/ (or whatever the name
of your BrickOS/LegOS directory happens to be).

Hope this helps,

John Hansen