 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2880
Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 11:46:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Timothy Schroeder writes:
If this has anything to do with having a file anywhere on your hard-drive
and having it compile leaving an *.LX file behind, I may be of some help. ;-)

I have developed a small system that uses UltraEdit as a GUI. I press a
combination of three keys and the file I am working on (anywhere on my
harddrive) is automaticaly compiled leaving an *.LX file behind for me to
upload to the RCX.

My goal would be to have BricxCC work with C/C++ BrickOS programs much like
it works with NQC & MindScript programs now.  You have a file open in the
editor.  You press the compile button and it either performs a make without
errors or a little error window displays allowing you to jump to the source
line causing the error.  You press the download button and it makes the .lx
file and uses dll to download it to the RCX.  For single C/C++ files with
included headers it wouldn't require a project file with multiple C/C++
files involved when making the .lx file.

But I don't know if BrickOS programs ever or often involve multiple C/C++
files so I'm not sure how important the multiple file support would be.  My
guess is it would be important.

Anyway, I don't know what mechanism you are using with UltraEdit.  Can you
send me more information and/or source code via e-mail?

Thanks,

John Hansen