 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2882
Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 12:31:25 GMT

Hello John,

Now I am psyched about enabling BricxCC to compile & download C/C++ programs
to the RCX brick.

That would be real real great!

My intial idea is to allow for multi-file builds via some sort of project
file.  Compiling a project file will generate a make file, perform a make,
and leave behind a .lx file with the same name as the project file.

That should work. At my system, bigger projects are broken into several
source files. It is easier for me to work with them then with a huge
single source file.

All the nifty BricxCC tool windows won't work, of course,

Why not? BrickOS can handle the Lego Remote Control, so it would be not
a big task to change the BricxCC side (well, I hope so, that is). And if
we get BricxCC for brickOS, why not extend brickOS to support all Bricx
features?

Regards,

Michael