 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2876
2875  |  2877
Subject:
BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:45:13 GMT

So, I recently installed cygwin (again) and the pre-built Hitachi cross
compiler (which someone recently posted about here).  I installed the latest
BrickOS release from SourceForge.  Everything in the BrickOS for Windows
instructions worked flawlessly.  After everything built without errors I ran
firmdl3 & then downloaded helloworld.lx using dll.  Piece of cake.

Now I am psyched about enabling BricxCC to compile & download C/C++ programs
to the RCX brick.  I've had C/C++ syntax highlighting support in BricxCC for
a while now.  Today, I added support for C/C++ to the Code Explorer window.

My intial idea is to allow for multi-file builds via some sort of project
file.  Compiling a project file will generate a make file, perform a make,
and leave behind a .lx file with the same name as the project file.  Compile
& link a single file without requiring a project file.  Downloading will use
dll.

All the nifty BricxCC tool windows won't work, of course, but you'll have
all the power of a full-featured editor with a tightly integrated
compile/download operation and error listings that will take you to the
source line causing the error just like BricxCC does with NQC & MindScript
currently.

Your ideas & suggestions are requested.

Thanks in advance,

John Hansen