 Robotics / RCX / 1807
1806  |  1808
Subject:
Battery voltage levels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:58:46 GMT

I have two RCXs: a version 1.0 with external power connector, and a version 2.0
without. They consistently report different voltages on the same batteries: the
2.0 puts all batteries about 0.3v higher. I want to know how much variation
there is between RCXs, so that I can calibrate the battery level indicator on
my application (Robot Controller) as well as I can.

It would be helpful if as many people as possible could either reply or email
me with:
1. Your RCX version (as stamped on the top, NOT the firmware version)
2. Your battery type (Alkaline, NiMH, NiCd, etc.)
3. The voltage level reported on a new/fully charged set of batteries.

You can check the voltage level in NQC with "x = BatteryLevel();" or in Robot
Controller by looking at the tooltip over the battery level indicator. I don't
know how to do it with alternative firmware.

Thanks for your help,

Barney.