 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2909
2908  |  2910
Subject:
Serial Input
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:35:47 GMT

I have a question.  I'm working with LegOS, and I want to know how to read serial input through the IR port.

I know with other firmware, it's pretty easy to set-up and write serial data out, but I want to read this data back in.

Actually, I'm trying to set up my RCX so I can use a Spybot remote control with it.  I don't want it to control the motors directly, but I want to take the signals from the remote and do other things.

I've seen NQC posts where you can send signals from the RCX to control the Manas' motors.  It just requires sending a serial message.  The Spybot remote = Manas remote, so if I can receive serial messages, I can use the Spybot remote.

Can anyone help me do this?  Or, suggest where to go for this information.

Thanks,

Steve
Serial Input.  It's not just for Breakfast, anymore...