 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2872
Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:16:59 GMT

I, too, have been at it for three weeks.  gcc and bintools build OK under
cygwin, but
  when it gets to the cross-compiler, the whole make process craps out.  The
compile
  fails
  because some of the cross-compiler sources are (complaining about) missing
include
  files.  I gave up.  I moved the whole thing to Linux but now I have another
problem:
  USB.  I thought I could get around this by building the RCX programs under
Linux,
  copying them to my Win98SE box, then using firmdl3/dll (which I did get to
build under
  cygwin).  For some reason, the 0.2.6 utils built under cygwin refuse to
recognize
  --tty=USB (or RCXTTY=USB).  When the tools are run, they say "USB: No such
file
  or
  directory"  So, now I can build legOS apps for my RCX, I just can't get 'em to
the
  brick!  I'm about to throw in the towel for good.

  Ralph Clark wrote:

    I had a go at those instructions then gave up after 3 weeks of trying to get

    them to work.